Sesame Citrus Salmon SkewersCharlie & David
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations.
- Serves 2
- Prep: 10 minutes (plus marinating time)
- Cook: 15 -20 minutes
- 4x bamboo skewers (soaked in warm water)
- 500g salmon fillet, skinless, cut into 3cm cubes
- Pinch of castor sugar and white pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Juice and zest of ½ lime Juice and zest of ½ orange
- 1 mandarin, finely sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons black and white toasted sesame seeds
- 2 long green chilli’s, deseeded, finely diced
- Prepare Hibachi grill coals to high heat.
- In a shallow dish season salmon cubes with sugar and white pepper. Toss through fish sauce, soy, lime, orange and sesame oil until combined. Cover and marinate 5-10 minutes at room temperature.
- Thread salmon onto skewers, folding a slice of mandarin between each piece and set aside on a plate, reserving marinade separately.
- If not using Hibachi grill, preheat a flat frying pan, BBQ or grill over medium-high heat with oil. When hot, cook skewers for 2-3 minutes each side or until caramelised and cooked through to your liking.
- Transfer to serving plates then add reserved marinade to the pan and simmer for 2 minutes until reduced slightly and strain through a fine sieve.
- Spoon sauce over salmon skewers, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve with a salad of shredded snow peas, lettuce and chilli. Serve with steamed rice if desired.