Silken Tofu with Chilli and Spring OnionMatt Sinclair
- 250g soft tofu, drained
- 2 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/3 cup peanut oil
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2cm piece ginger, grated
- 1 green chilli, finely sliced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- White pepper
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp crispy shallots
- Thinly slice the tofu using a sharp knife and fan out across a serving plate and drizzle the soy sauce over the top.
- Heat the peanut oil in a small saucepan over a medium-high heat until it shimmers.
- Meanwhile, combine the spring onions, ginger and green chilli in a heat-proof bowl and season with the sesame oil. Carefully and slowly pour the hot peanut oil over the ingredients and mix well to coat evenly. Season to taste with salt and white pepper and scatter over the top of the tofu.
- Garnish with the sesame seeds and crispy shallots.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Gris.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...