Silken Tofu with Chilli and Spring OnionMatt Sinclair
- 250g soft tofu, drained
- 2 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/3 cup peanut oil
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2cm piece ginger, grated
- 1 green chilli, finely sliced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- White pepper
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp crispy shallots
- Thinly slice the tofu using a sharp knife and fan out across a serving plate and drizzle the soy sauce over the top.
- Heat the peanut oil in a small saucepan over a medium-high heat until it shimmers.
- Meanwhile, combine the spring onions, ginger and green chilli in a heat-proof bowl and season with the sesame oil. Carefully and slowly pour the hot peanut oil over the ingredients and mix well to coat evenly. Season to taste with salt and white pepper and scatter over the top of the tofu.
- Garnish with the sesame seeds and crispy shallots.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Gris.
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...