Sticky Ginger-Soy Chicken WingsMatt Sinclair
- 2 kg chicken wings
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 inch piece ginger, grated
- 1-2 tbsp. ground chilli flakes
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Remove the wing tips, split the chicken wings at the joint and spread out on a baking tray.
- In a bowl add the marinade ingredients and mix to combine. Adjust ground chilli flakes to preferred taste and spice level.
- Pour marinade over prepared chicken wings and massage to coat wings evenly. Place in the oven for 40 minutes. Turn the oven to 220C for a final 10 minutes to caramelise.
- Garnish wings with a sprinkling of sesame seeds, spring onion and chopped coriander.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Noir.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...