Sticky Ginger-Soy Chicken WingsMatt Sinclair
- 2 kg chicken wings
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 inch piece ginger, grated
- 1-2 tbsp. ground chilli flakes
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Remove the wing tips, split the chicken wings at the joint and spread out on a baking tray.
- In a bowl add the marinade ingredients and mix to combine. Adjust ground chilli flakes to preferred taste and spice level.
- Pour marinade over prepared chicken wings and massage to coat wings evenly. Place in the oven for 40 minutes. Turn the oven to 220C for a final 10 minutes to caramelise.
- Garnish wings with a sprinkling of sesame seeds, spring onion and chopped coriander.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Noir.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...