Stir-Fried Beef with Black Pepper and Morning GloryMatt Sinclair
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 200gm cooked rump steak, 1 cm slices, against the grain
- 1 bunch Kang Kong (Morning Glory), cut into 2 inch batons
- 2 packets instant noodles, cooked and rinsed
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 2 Tbsp ABC sauce (Ketcup Manis)
- 1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 Tsp cracked black pepper
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 3 birdseye chillies, sliced
- Add the paste ingredients to a mortar and pestle and pound together to break down and combine.
- In a small bowl, add the oyster sauce, ketcup manis, fish sauce and pepper and mix together.
- Heat oil in a wok over a high heat. Fry off the paste, moving around constantly for about 1 minute.
- Add the Kang Kong and stir fry for a minute, coating in the paste.
- Add the noodles and toss to combine. Stir fry for another minute before adding the steak.
- Heat through for about 30 seconds before adding the sauce and tossing it through to everything evenly.
- Add the spring onions just before removing from the heat. Adjust seasoning to taste if needed.
- Serve hot.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Shiraz.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...