Stir-Fried Beef with Black Pepper and Morning GloryMatt Sinclair
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 200gm cooked rump steak, 1 cm slices, against the grain
- 1 bunch Kang Kong (Morning Glory), cut into 2 inch batons
- 2 packets instant noodles, cooked and rinsed
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 2 Tbsp ABC sauce (Ketcup Manis)
- 1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 Tsp cracked black pepper
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 3 birdseye chillies, sliced
- Add the paste ingredients to a mortar and pestle and pound together to break down and combine.
- In a small bowl, add the oyster sauce, ketcup manis, fish sauce and pepper and mix together.
- Heat oil in a wok over a high heat. Fry off the paste, moving around constantly for about 1 minute.
- Add the Kang Kong and stir fry for a minute, coating in the paste.
- Add the noodles and toss to combine. Stir fry for another minute before adding the steak.
- Heat through for about 30 seconds before adding the sauce and tossing it through to everything evenly.
- Add the spring onions just before removing from the heat. Adjust seasoning to taste if needed.
- Serve hot.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Shiraz.
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...