Stir-Fried Beef with Black Pepper and Morning GloryMatt Sinclair
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 200gm cooked rump steak, 1 cm slices, against the grain
- 1 bunch Kang Kong (Morning Glory), cut into 2 inch batons
- 2 packets instant noodles, cooked and rinsed
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 2 Tbsp ABC sauce (Ketcup Manis)
- 1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 Tsp cracked black pepper
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 3 birdseye chillies, sliced
- Add the paste ingredients to a mortar and pestle and pound together to break down and combine.
- In a small bowl, add the oyster sauce, ketcup manis, fish sauce and pepper and mix together.
- Heat oil in a wok over a high heat. Fry off the paste, moving around constantly for about 1 minute.
- Add the Kang Kong and stir fry for a minute, coating in the paste.
- Add the noodles and toss to combine. Stir fry for another minute before adding the steak.
- Heat through for about 30 seconds before adding the sauce and tossing it through to everything evenly.
- Add the spring onions just before removing from the heat. Adjust seasoning to taste if needed.
- Serve hot.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Shiraz.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...