Sum Yung Guys BBQ ChickenMatt Sinclair
- 2 butterflied chickens
- Coriander to garnish
Marinade (2-3 chickens)
- 20g garlic
- 30g coriander root
- 50g green chilli
- 70g brown sugar
- 80g oyster sauce
- 100g fish sauce
Sesame Sauce (1 litre)
- 200g sesame seeds
- 80g grated ginger
- 50g peanuts
- 150ml soy sauce
- 100ml rice wine vinegar
- 180ml water
- 80gm sugar
- In a high powered blender add all marinade ingredients and blend until smooth. Adjust seasoning to taste. This can be made a few days in advance.
- Lay the chicken out in a non-reactive container and pour over enough marinade to coat generously. Rub the marinade into the chicken and place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour, ideally overnight.
- Place all sesame sauce ingredients into a small saucepan and gently warm through. Transfer into a clean blender and turn on to the highest speed to combine until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Remove chicken from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking. Heat a large griddle pan or BBQ on medium-high and drizzle a little oil. Once hot, place the chicken skin-side down and cook for approximately 2-3 minutes until nicely charred. Turn them over and cook for a further 2 minutes. Place in the oven for approximately 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- To serve, spread the sesame sauce over the base of a platter. Cut each chicken into 8 pieces and place on top. Drizzle any juices from the resting tray over the chicken and garnish with coriander. Serve with rice or a punchy Asian salad.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Chardonnay.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...