Sum Yung Guys BBQ ChickenMatt Sinclair
- 2 butterflied chickens
- Coriander to garnish
Marinade (2-3 chickens)
- 20g garlic
- 30g coriander root
- 50g green chilli
- 70g brown sugar
- 80g oyster sauce
- 100g fish sauce
Sesame Sauce (1 litre)
- 200g sesame seeds
- 80g grated ginger
- 50g peanuts
- 150ml soy sauce
- 100ml rice wine vinegar
- 180ml water
- 80gm sugar
- In a high powered blender add all marinade ingredients and blend until smooth. Adjust seasoning to taste. This can be made a few days in advance.
- Lay the chicken out in a non-reactive container and pour over enough marinade to coat generously. Rub the marinade into the chicken and place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour, ideally overnight.
- Place all sesame sauce ingredients into a small saucepan and gently warm through. Transfer into a clean blender and turn on to the highest speed to combine until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Remove chicken from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking. Heat a large griddle pan or BBQ on medium-high and drizzle a little oil. Once hot, place the chicken skin-side down and cook for approximately 2-3 minutes until nicely charred. Turn them over and cook for a further 2 minutes. Place in the oven for approximately 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- To serve, spread the sesame sauce over the base of a platter. Cut each chicken into 8 pieces and place on top. Drizzle any juices from the resting tray over the chicken and garnish with coriander. Serve with rice or a punchy Asian salad.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Chardonnay.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...