Tandoori Lamb with Herbed MayoMatt Sinclair
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors
- 1.5kg butterflied lamb leg
- 6-8 pita bread/flatbread
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cos lettuce
- Olive Oil
- 200gm Natural Yoghurt
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, grated finely
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp grated ginger
- 6 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- Pinch Sea salt
- Combine tandoori paste ingredients in a non-reactive bowl and adjust seasoning to taste. This can be jarred and refrigerated for up to 1 month.
- Flatten the lamb leg onto a baking tray and evenly coat and massage with tandoori paste. Cover with foil and marinade in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour, ideally overnight. Remove the lamb 30 minutes before cooking to bring it up to temperature.
- Combine the herbed yoghurt ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Adjust seasoning as required. Set aside.
- Heat a BBQ griddle or hotplate on high, approximately 180-200C. BBQ the butterflied lamb leg for approximately 10-12 minutes on each side until cooked to desired amount (medium is recommended for this recipe). The lamb will be nicely charred in spots. Remove onto a chopping board and cover with foil to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, lightly oil the flatbread and place on the bbq to heat through, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Carve the lamb into 1cm-strips and serve inside the warmed flatbreads with red onion, lettuce and a generous dollop of herbed yoghurt.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Rose.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...