Tandoori Lamb with Herbed MayoMatt Sinclair
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors
- 1.5kg butterflied lamb leg
- 6-8 pita bread/flatbread
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cos lettuce
- Olive Oil
- 200gm Natural Yoghurt
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, grated finely
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp grated ginger
- 6 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- Pinch Sea salt
- Combine tandoori paste ingredients in a non-reactive bowl and adjust seasoning to taste. This can be jarred and refrigerated for up to 1 month.
- Flatten the lamb leg onto a baking tray and evenly coat and massage with tandoori paste. Cover with foil and marinade in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour, ideally overnight. Remove the lamb 30 minutes before cooking to bring it up to temperature.
- Combine the herbed yoghurt ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Adjust seasoning as required. Set aside.
- Heat a BBQ griddle or hotplate on high, approximately 180-200C. BBQ the butterflied lamb leg for approximately 10-12 minutes on each side until cooked to desired amount (medium is recommended for this recipe). The lamb will be nicely charred in spots. Remove onto a chopping board and cover with foil to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, lightly oil the flatbread and place on the bbq to heat through, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Carve the lamb into 1cm-strips and serve inside the warmed flatbreads with red onion, lettuce and a generous dollop of herbed yoghurt.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Rose.
Ingredients: 500g fresh broad beans, in their pods 3–4 small fennel bulbs 250g frozen peas, thawed and rinsed 1 red onion, finely sliced 1 cup dill, finely chopped 1⁄2 bunch mint, finely chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish 1⁄2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes Romesco Sauce: 4 large red peppers 2 garlic cloves 150g ground almonds 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil 100ml extra virgin olive oil 20ml apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp smoked paprika 1...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 1 cup Vegetable oil 4 eggs 3 lap cheong sausages, thinly sliced 2 Tbsp XO Sauce 100gm cherry tomatoes, halved ½ red onion, thinly sliced 1 green chilli, thinly sliced ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped Method: Heat oil in a wok over a...
Ingredients: ½ cup dried scallops ½ cup dried shrimp 300ml Shaoxing wine 6 long red chillies, roughly chopped 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped 1 head garlic (10-12 cloves), peeled, roughly chopped 2 large red shallots, roughly chopped 1 large rasher bacon,...
Ingredients: Filling: 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely 500g ricotta 1 egg 50g grated parmigiano cheese Sea salt Freshly cracked black pepper 1/3 nutmeg grated Sugo: 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 long red...
Ingredients: 100g butter 200g finely grated pecorino cheese Salt Black pepper, freshly ground Pasta Dough: 100g semolina flour 100g plain flour 80ml - 100ml water Pinch of salt Method: Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long...