Torta CapreseMatt Sinclair
- 175g unsalted butter, chopped
- 220g 65% + dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 175g caster sugar
- 110g brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 140g almond meal
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Icing sugar to dust
- Serve with Raspberries and Cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line a 22cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
- Place the butter and chocolate into a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of shallow, lightly simmering water (careful not to have the water touching the base of the bowl). Stir with a spatula until completely melted and combined. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, add the sugar and eggs to the bowl of an electric mixer, using a whisk attachment, whisk the sugar and eggs together for 4-5 minutes until pale and fluffy. Remove from the mixer and add the almond meal, sifted cocoa and salt to the bowl. Gently fold through to combine. Pour in the melted chocolate and gently fold through until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and smooth the top with a spatula. Place it into the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove to cake rack and allow to cool completely before removing it from the cake tin. Garnish with icing sugar and serve with whipped cream & fresh raspberries (optional).
Ingredients: 150g raisins 100ml grappa 400g plain flour 10g yeast 115g sugar 2 eggs 150ml milk 30g toasted pine nuts Zest 1 orange Zest 1 lemon 50g chopped candied fruit Canola oil, for frying Method: Soak the raisins in grappa and let them plump up for 5 minutes,...
Ingredients: 600g assorted stone fruit* Extra virgin olive oil 1 lemon 1 vanilla bean 300g thick Greek yoghurt 2 tbsp floral honey 50g salted macadamia, coarsely chopped Method: Cut and drizzle fruit with olive oil and grill, cut sides down, until juicy and charred,...
Ingredients:Serves 2 4x scoops Ensure chocolate powder 1 cup milk ½ cup cream 1 tbsp. caster sugar 1 tbsp. cornflour 1 tbsp. cocoa powder, sifted 2 tbsp. boiling water 2 egg yolks Shaved dark chocolate and fresh berries to serve Method: Gently heat the milk and cream...
Ingredients: Serves 1 1 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed berries 3 teaspoons chia seeds 1 cup natural yoghurt 3 scoops Ensure Vanilla Powder 3 tablespoons oats 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1⁄2 kiwifruit, sliced (try keeping the skin on) 1 tablespoon dry roasted almonds, roughly...
Ingredients: 175g Oats 3 ripe bananas 1 tbsp honey 1/2 tsp baking powder 3 tbsp almond butter 1 punnet of frozen blueberries Method: 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees 2. Puree the bananas together in a mixing bowl, until a thick paste. Fold in the oats, baking powder,...
Ingredients: Serves 6-8 430g cream cheese, room temperature 120g caster sugar 270ml thickened cream (at least 30% fat) 20g plain flour, sifted 3 eggs 1 Tbsp lemon juice 1 tsp vanilla extract Pinch of salt (approx. 1/2-1 tsp) Method: Preheat oven to 220C fan forced/...