Torta CapreseMatt Sinclair
- 175g unsalted butter, chopped
- 220g 65% + dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 175g caster sugar
- 110g brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 140g almond meal
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Icing sugar to dust
- Serve with Raspberries and Cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line a 22cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
- Place the butter and chocolate into a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of shallow, lightly simmering water (careful not to have the water touching the base of the bowl). Stir with a spatula until completely melted and combined. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, add the sugar and eggs to the bowl of an electric mixer, using a whisk attachment, whisk the sugar and eggs together for 4-5 minutes until pale and fluffy. Remove from the mixer and add the almond meal, sifted cocoa and salt to the bowl. Gently fold through to combine. Pour in the melted chocolate and gently fold through until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and smooth the top with a spatula. Place it into the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove to cake rack and allow to cool completely before removing it from the cake tin. Garnish with icing sugar and serve with whipped cream & fresh raspberries (optional).
Ingredients: 185 g dates 1 cup water 60g butter 2 eggs 185g self raising flour 185g sugar 1tsp baking powder ½ tsp vanilla paste Butterscotch Sauce: 1 cup cream ¾ cup brown sugar 2 tbsp butter Pinch of salt Method: Bring the dates and water to a boil, then remove from...
Ingredients: 4 Lady Finger Bananas Woodchips for smoking in a fire or hibachi Dulce De Leche Creme: 2 Tbsp Dulce de leche 200ml Cream Chocolate Sauce: 150ml full-fat milk 150ml double cream 300g dark chocolate, broken into pieces 1 tsp vanilla extract To Serve: 1 tbsp...
Ingredients: 3 eggs, separated 6 tbsp caster sugar 500 g mascarpone cream 500ml espresso coffee 80ml marsala 500g savoiardi biscotti ( 1 large packet ) Dark chocolate, to grate Cocoa powder, to dust Method: Beat the egg yolks and half the sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes...
Ingredients: 1 pear, peeled and cored, diced 1 tsp ground cinnamon 125g unsalted butter ½ cup caster sugar 2 eggs 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking powder Salt Streusal Crumb: 40g unsalted butter, chilled, diced 1/3 cup plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar Salt Method:...
Ingredients: 2 eggs 1 cup sugar ¾ cup vegetable oil 1 tsp vanilla essence 2 cups grated carrot 1 ¼ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking soda 2-3 tsp cinnamon 2-3 tsp mixed spice ½ tsp salt Lime Cream Cheese: 200g cream cheese, room temperature 1 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 ¼ cup Nutella 8 thick slices of brioche 3 eggs ¼ cup milk 1 vanilla bean, scraped 40g butter 2 lady finger bananas 2 Tablespoons caster sugar 160g unsalted butter ¼ cup pistachios, chopped ¼ cup maple syrup Edible flowers to garnish Ice cream to...