Torta CapreseMatt Sinclair
- 175g unsalted butter, chopped
- 220g 65% + dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 175g caster sugar
- 110g brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 140g almond meal
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Icing sugar to dust
- Serve with Raspberries and Cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line a 22cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
- Place the butter and chocolate into a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of shallow, lightly simmering water (careful not to have the water touching the base of the bowl). Stir with a spatula until completely melted and combined. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, add the sugar and eggs to the bowl of an electric mixer, using a whisk attachment, whisk the sugar and eggs together for 4-5 minutes until pale and fluffy. Remove from the mixer and add the almond meal, sifted cocoa and salt to the bowl. Gently fold through to combine. Pour in the melted chocolate and gently fold through until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and smooth the top with a spatula. Place it into the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove to cake rack and allow to cool completely before removing it from the cake tin. Garnish with icing sugar and serve with whipped cream & fresh raspberries (optional).
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray Ingredients: 2 blocks of chocolate 1 bag of craisins 1 cup of Macadamias 2 tbs of vanilla bean paste 1 bag of marshmallows Handful of cocoa butter (optional) Method: Put chocolate and cocoa butter in a...
Ingredients: 100g plain flour 50g butter, diced 50g brown sugar 600g dulce de leche 4 small bananas, sliced 400ml double cream 1 tbsp icing sugar 1 square dark chocolate 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream Method: Preheat oven at 180*. Mix your flour and butter together...
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality FoodsIngredients: 250g Ground almonds 250g Chocolate Sauce 220g Caster Sugar 5 Free range eggs 15g Baking powder 20g cocoa powder For the chocolate sauce: 150ml Whole milk 150ml Thicken cream...
Can also be made with mangos. Ingredients: 100g Raspberries, frozen (we use Raspberries from Perfection Fresh) 150ml Water 60g Rolled Oats 1 Tbsp Honey, organic 1 Tsp Peanut Butter Roasted nuts to garnish and fresh raspberries Method: Mix the oats, water and...
Ingredients: 150g Soft brown sugar 75g Butter, unsalted 2 Free range Eggs 175g Dates, seeded 100ml Water 50ml Rum 175g Self raising flour 5g Bicarbonate soda 1g mixed spice Tip: Day before making soak the dates in the rum, bicarb of soda and water and leave in...
Ingredients: 250g punnet Qukes, deseeded 1 lime, juice ¼ bunch mint leaves 1tbs gin 150g butter (or dairy-free alternative) 150g golden caster sugar 1tsp vanilla paste 200g self-raising flour Gin Buttercream 125g butter (or dairy-free alternative), softened 65g...