Trout and Udon Noodle SaladMatt Sinclair
- 1 packet Udon Noodles (Hakubaku brand preferred)
- 250g smoked trout, torn into bite-sized slices
- 200g mesclun or butter lettuce, roughly torn
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded, sliced
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 heaped Tbsp grated ginger
- Cook udon noodles in rapid boiling water for 8 minutes or until al dente. Strain and rinse immediately under cold water.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine. Adjust seasoning to taste with extra of the listed ingredients if needed. Dressing should be evenly balanced with saltiness, tang and sweetness.
- Transfer the noodles to a large bowl and add the remaining salad ingredients, toss to combine. Just before serving, dress the salad and toss to coat evenly. Divide into bowls and serve immediately.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Grigio.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...