Trout and Udon Noodle SaladMatt Sinclair
- 1 packet Udon Noodles (Hakubaku brand preferred)
- 250g smoked trout, torn into bite-sized slices
- 200g mesclun or butter lettuce, roughly torn
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded, sliced
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 heaped Tbsp grated ginger
- Cook udon noodles in rapid boiling water for 8 minutes or until al dente. Strain and rinse immediately under cold water.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine. Adjust seasoning to taste with extra of the listed ingredients if needed. Dressing should be evenly balanced with saltiness, tang and sweetness.
- Transfer the noodles to a large bowl and add the remaining salad ingredients, toss to combine. Just before serving, dress the salad and toss to coat evenly. Divide into bowls and serve immediately.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Grigio.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...