Trout and Udon Noodle SaladMatt Sinclair
- 1 packet Udon Noodles (Hakubaku brand preferred)
- 250g smoked trout, torn into bite-sized slices
- 200g mesclun or butter lettuce, roughly torn
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded, sliced
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 heaped Tbsp grated ginger
- Cook udon noodles in rapid boiling water for 8 minutes or until al dente. Strain and rinse immediately under cold water.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine. Adjust seasoning to taste with extra of the listed ingredients if needed. Dressing should be evenly balanced with saltiness, tang and sweetness.
- Transfer the noodles to a large bowl and add the remaining salad ingredients, toss to combine. Just before serving, dress the salad and toss to coat evenly. Divide into bowls and serve immediately.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Grigio.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...