Whole Roasted BroccoliMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms
- 1 whole broccoli
- 6 garlic cloves, grated, mixed with a little oil
- 1 bunch fresh thyme, leaves and stalks separated
- 100g butter, diced
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
Spicy Tomato Sauce:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black peppercorns, left whole
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 green cardamom pods, slightly crushed
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 x crushed tomatoes tin
- Fire the BBQ up and grill the whole broccoli head side down. Melt down the butter with garlic and olive oil & thyme in a pot.
- Baste the broccoli with the garlic and butter mixture as it cooks. Cook until desired charr and texture. About 15-20 minutes depending on the size of your broccoli.
Spiced Tomato Sauce
- In the meantime, crush all the spices in a mortar and pestle.
- Saute down the onion and garlic until softened
- Add spice mixture and saute to cook off the spices
- Add your crushed tomatoes, stir and reduce until desired thickness.
- Serve lashings of sauce with whole roasted broccoli on top.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Fiano.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...