Whole Roasted BroccoliMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms
- 1 whole broccoli
- 6 garlic cloves, grated, mixed with a little oil
- 1 bunch fresh thyme, leaves and stalks separated
- 100g butter, diced
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
Spicy Tomato Sauce:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black peppercorns, left whole
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 green cardamom pods, slightly crushed
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 x crushed tomatoes tin
- Fire the BBQ up and grill the whole broccoli head side down. Melt down the butter with garlic and olive oil & thyme in a pot.
- Baste the broccoli with the garlic and butter mixture as it cooks. Cook until desired charr and texture. About 15-20 minutes depending on the size of your broccoli.
Spiced Tomato Sauce
- In the meantime, crush all the spices in a mortar and pestle.
- Saute down the onion and garlic until softened
- Add spice mixture and saute to cook off the spices
- Add your crushed tomatoes, stir and reduce until desired thickness.
- Serve lashings of sauce with whole roasted broccoli on top.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Fiano.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...