Whole Roasted BroccoliMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms
- 1 whole broccoli
- 6 garlic cloves, grated, mixed with a little oil
- 1 bunch fresh thyme, leaves and stalks separated
- 100g butter, diced
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
Spicy Tomato Sauce:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black peppercorns, left whole
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 green cardamom pods, slightly crushed
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 x crushed tomatoes tin
- Fire the BBQ up and grill the whole broccoli head side down. Melt down the butter with garlic and olive oil & thyme in a pot.
- Baste the broccoli with the garlic and butter mixture as it cooks. Cook until desired charr and texture. About 15-20 minutes depending on the size of your broccoli.
Spiced Tomato Sauce
- In the meantime, crush all the spices in a mortar and pestle.
- Saute down the onion and garlic until softened
- Add spice mixture and saute to cook off the spices
- Add your crushed tomatoes, stir and reduce until desired thickness.
- Serve lashings of sauce with whole roasted broccoli on top.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Fiano.
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...