XO SauceMatt Sinclair
- ½ cup dried scallops
- ½ cup dried shrimp
- 300ml Shaoxing wine
- 6 long red chillies, roughly chopped
- 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 head garlic (10-12 cloves), peeled, roughly chopped
- 2 large red shallots, roughly chopped
- 1 large rasher bacon, finely diced
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 3 dried chillies
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- Combine the dried scallops and shrimp in a bowl and cover completely with Shaoxing wine. Cover with cling film and leave to soak overnight in the fridge.
- In a food processor, add long red chillies, ginger, garlic and shallots and blitz into a chunky paste. Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- Drain re-hydrated scallops and shrimp, reserving the Shaoxing for later. Add the scallops and shrimp to a food processor and pulse into slightly smaller pieces. The mix should still be quite chunky. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok over high heat. Add dried chillies and fry for approximately 30 seconds, until blackened. Remove from oil and set aside.
- Add chilli/garlic paste to the wok, along with the bacon and fry off for approximately 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add scallops and shrimp and fry for a further 4-5 minutes, stirring continuously. Add Shaoxing wine and cook down until there is no longer any steam rising from the sauce.
- Season with soy sauce and sugar. Remove from heat and adjust seasoning if required. Return blackened chillies to sauce. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...