Almond, Orange and Strawberry CakeLaura Sharrad
- 2 whole oranges
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g Adelaide hills honey
- 6 eggs
- 300g almond meal
- 1tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 500g strawberries
- Extra honey, for drizzling
- Place oranges in a pot of boiling water & boil for 2 hours until soft. Drain and cool completely, then blitz into a puree.
- In a food processor, combine the eggs, sugar and honey, then add in the orange puree, eggs, almond meal, salt and baking powder and blend until fully combined
- Place the mixture into a lined 22cm springform tin.
- Cut strawberries in half & cover the top of the cake, in a fanned motion, with the strawberries.
- Place into a 160c oven and bake for around 1 hour, or until the middle is just set.
- Drizzle cake with extra honey once cooled
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Botrytis Semillon.
Ingredients:BASE 3 Egg Yolks 1/2 cup Caster Sugar 125g soft butter 2 cups Self-Raising flour 1 cup orange juice Vanilla TOPPING 3 egg whites 1/2 cup caster sugar 1 cup desiccated coconut Method: Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add yolks and vanilla. Fold in the...
Ingredients: Plant-based milk Chia seeds Cacao powder Maple syrup Vanilla extract or paste Method: Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. If you prefer to eat the seeds whole, you can skip the blender and combine the ingredients...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life.Ingredients: 2 salmon fillets, skin off 1 cup edamame beans, frozen and blanched 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly 1 carrot, ribboned 1 avocado, diced 1/2 bunch spring onions, sliced 1 cup cooked brown...
Ingredients: 7 gm (1 sachet) dried yeast 360 gm plain flour 55 gm (¼ cup) caster sugar 150 ml lukewarm milk 40 gm softened butter 1 egg 250 gm milk chocolate, finely chopped 190 gm crème fraîche 70 ml pouring cream For deep-frying: vegetable oil 3-4 Tim Tams, coarsely...
Ingredients: 4 cups full cream milk 1/2 cup medium-grain rice 1 + 1/2 cups of water 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup caster sugar 2 tbs heaped tbsp cornflour 1 Vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste Traditional topping option Greek Cinnamon to dust the top Or Lotus Biscoff...
Ingredients: 1 very ripe banana (about 120g) 3 eggs, whisked 20g scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder 2 teaspoons of maple syrup 70g (1/2cup) quartered strawberries 1 tablespoon tapioca flour 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil Method: SERVES 1 Place your banana in...