Apple and Mixed Berry CobblerMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Big 4
- 300g Blueberries frozen
- 300g Apples
- 1 small orange, juice only
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- For the cobbler topping
- 175g (white or wholemeal)
- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- 25g/1oz porridge oats
- 50g soft brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon or mixed spice
- 4 tbsp yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Chop the fruit into chunks. Don’t worry about the size being perfect, it is good to have a variety of chunks!
- Place the fruit into an ovenproof dish and pour over the orange juice and the brown sugar.
- Place the flour into a mixing bowl and chop the butter into small lumps. They can then rub in the butter roughly using their fingertips. This doesn’t have to be perfect, a few lumps are fine.
- Stir in the oats, sugar and spices to the cobbler mix and stir it through with a spoon or your hands.
- Add the yoghurt one spoonful at a time. You may need to mix with your hands to form a rough dough.
- Form the cobbler mix into small balls, about the size of a ping pong ball and arrange them over the top of the fruit.
- Adult’s job: Place in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the cobbler is golden-brown on top with the fruit bubbling up around the edges. Leave to cool before serving as the fruit filling will be very hot. Serve warm with ice cream, yoghurt or custard.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Moscato.
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...