Apple Tart TartinBen O'Donoghue
- 24cm cake tin or non-stick fry pan
- 7-8 granny smith apples peeled and cut into quarters
- 500g of puff pastry
- 2 vanilla pods split
- 250g caster sugar
- 100g butter
- 50ml of water
- Firstly make your caramel by dissolving the sugar with the water in a clean 24 cm pan. Boil the sugar mixture until the syrup starts to caramelize turning golden brown, at this point remove from the heat and add the butter and whisk together.
- Add the apple to the pan and toss to coat, then arrange the apple so that the rounded sides are facing down and they fit snugly together. Set aside.
- Lightly flour your bench and roll the puff pastry into a round as wide as the inside edge of your pan and trim so that it is vaguely round.
- Roll the pastry up around your rolling pin and lay/roll the pastry over your caramel and apple mixture. Tuck the edges into the pan and snuggly encase the apples.
- Place the pan back over the heat and bring the caramel back to the boil.
- Place into a hot oven at about 180 degrees and cook until the top is golden and crisp, about 25 minute.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest before turning out, just to avoid burning yourself with hot caramel.
- Serve warm for best results with the best vanilla ice cream.
Banana Breakfast Bar
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
Raspberry Grappa Jam Drops
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Deep Fried Apple Pie
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Crème Brûlèe Donuts
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
Banana Crepes with Banana Caramel
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...