Apple Tart TartinBen O'Donoghue
- 24cm cake tin or non-stick fry pan
- 7-8 granny smith apples peeled and cut into quarters
- 500g of puff pastry
- 2 vanilla pods split
- 250g caster sugar
- 100g butter
- 50ml of water
- Firstly make your caramel by dissolving the sugar with the water in a clean 24 cm pan. Boil the sugar mixture until the syrup starts to caramelize turning golden brown, at this point remove from the heat and add the butter and whisk together.
- Add the apple to the pan and toss to coat, then arrange the apple so that the rounded sides are facing down and they fit snugly together. Set aside.
- Lightly flour your bench and roll the puff pastry into a round as wide as the inside edge of your pan and trim so that it is vaguely round.
- Roll the pastry up around your rolling pin and lay/roll the pastry over your caramel and apple mixture. Tuck the edges into the pan and snuggly encase the apples.
- Place the pan back over the heat and bring the caramel back to the boil.
- Place into a hot oven at about 180 degrees and cook until the top is golden and crisp, about 25 minute.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest before turning out, just to avoid burning yourself with hot caramel.
- Serve warm for best results with the best vanilla ice cream.
Ingredients:BASE 3 Egg Yolks 1/2 cup Caster Sugar 125g soft butter 2 cups Self-Raising flour 1 cup orange juice Vanilla TOPPING 3 egg whites 1/2 cup caster sugar 1 cup desiccated coconut Method: Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add yolks and vanilla. Fold in the...
Ingredients: Plant-based milk Chia seeds Cacao powder Maple syrup Vanilla extract or paste Method: Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. If you prefer to eat the seeds whole, you can skip the blender and combine the ingredients...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life.Ingredients: 2 salmon fillets, skin off 1 cup edamame beans, frozen and blanched 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly 1 carrot, ribboned 1 avocado, diced 1/2 bunch spring onions, sliced 1 cup cooked brown...
Ingredients: 7 gm (1 sachet) dried yeast 360 gm plain flour 55 gm (¼ cup) caster sugar 150 ml lukewarm milk 40 gm softened butter 1 egg 250 gm milk chocolate, finely chopped 190 gm crème fraîche 70 ml pouring cream For deep-frying: vegetable oil 3-4 Tim Tams, coarsely...
Ingredients: 4 cups full cream milk 1/2 cup medium-grain rice 1 + 1/2 cups of water 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup caster sugar 2 tbs heaped tbsp cornflour 1 Vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste Traditional topping option Greek Cinnamon to dust the top Or Lotus Biscoff...
Ingredients: 1 very ripe banana (about 120g) 3 eggs, whisked 20g scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder 2 teaspoons of maple syrup 70g (1/2cup) quartered strawberries 1 tablespoon tapioca flour 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil Method: SERVES 1 Place your banana in...