Apricot and Almond TartBen O'Donoghue
- 335 g/11 ½ oz plain Laucke flour
- 100 g/4 oz icing sugar
- 235 g/8 ½ oz unsalted butter, cubed
- 3 free-range egg yolks
- 250 g/9 oz unsalted butter, cubed
- 250 g/9 oz caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
- 250 g/9 oz almond meal
- pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 6-8 fresh apricots
- Icing sugar, to serve
- To make the pastry, place the flour, sugar and butter in a food processor, and blend to a fine breadcrumb texture. Add the egg yolks, one at a time, and mix until the dough just comes together. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze.
- To make the filling, pulse the almonds in a food processor to a coarse crumb.
- Whisk the butter and sugar in a food processor to give a soft but not overly whipped mixture. Scrape in the seeds from the vanilla pod and add the almond meal and salt. Mix thoroughly. Then add the eggs one by one in fluted loose-bottomed tart tin. Grate half of the pastry into the prepared tin.
- Using the tips of your fingers, press the pastry over the base. Grate the remaining pastry in and press into the edges of the tin, to the same thickness as the bottom. Rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Bake the tart case, uncovered, for 15 minutes until lightly golden, Set aside to cool.
- Cut your apricots in half and remove the seeds. Toss them in vanilla sugar if you have but not necessary. Pour your filling into the tart shell and arrange you apricots cut side up evenly to fill the tart.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until just firm and golden brown. Allow to cool.
Ingredients: Roasted bananas 300g Vanilla 1g Butter 112g Brown sugar 250g Eggs 100g Flour 275g Baking powder 10g Sea salt 5g Whipped Maple Butter Unsalted butter 250g Maple syrup 80g Sea salt 3g Method: Spread vanilla onto bananas, and roast in an oven at 180⁰c for 10...
Ingredients: 1 cup Laucke plain flour Pinch of salt 4 eggs 2 cups milk 40g butter crème fraîche Ricotta Filling 250 g smooth ricotta Finely grated zest of 1 lemon Honey, to taste Berry Sauce 2 cups frozen mixed berries 1 cup icing sugar To Serve Sprigs of mint,...
Ingredients: Smoothie 1 Australian papaya 2 Australian passion fruit Flesh of 1 Australian custard apple, seeds removed ½ Australian banana (use the other half for the topping) 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt Toppings 1 tbsp toasted coconut flakes ½ sliced Australian banana 2...
Ingredients: 31/4 cups (225g) fresh breadcrumbs 100g unsalted butter 11/4 cups (440g) golden syrup Grated zest of 1 orange, plus 3 tbsp juice Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg 1 cup (150g) pecan nuts, halved Icing sugar and vanilla ice cream, to serve Sweet pastry 12/3...
Ingredients: 1/3 cup Chia seeds 400 mls Coconut milk 3-5 tablespoons Pure maple syrup 1 tablespoon Pure vanilla extract 3 large Mangoes, peeled and diced 1 tablespoon Lime juice 1/4 Pineapple, peeled and diced 1 tablespoon Mint leaves or micro mint Freeze dried...
Ingredients: Flourless Orange Cake Oranges 3pcs Sugar 375g Ground cardamom 3g Cinnamon 1 large pinch Almond meal 450g Baking powder 7.5g Eggs 8 pcs Lemon Buttercream Eggs 110g Butter 500g Sugar 145g Water 40g Lemon juice 50g Method: Flourless Orange Cake Fill a pot...