Apricot and Almond TartBen O'Donoghue
- 335 g/11 ½ oz plain Laucke flour
- 100 g/4 oz icing sugar
- 235 g/8 ½ oz unsalted butter, cubed
- 3 free-range egg yolks
- 250 g/9 oz unsalted butter, cubed
- 250 g/9 oz caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
- 250 g/9 oz almond meal
- pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 6-8 fresh apricots
- Icing sugar, to serve
- To make the pastry, place the flour, sugar and butter in a food processor, and blend to a fine breadcrumb texture. Add the egg yolks, one at a time, and mix until the dough just comes together. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze.
- To make the filling, pulse the almonds in a food processor to a coarse crumb.
- Whisk the butter and sugar in a food processor to give a soft but not overly whipped mixture. Scrape in the seeds from the vanilla pod and add the almond meal and salt. Mix thoroughly. Then add the eggs one by one in fluted loose-bottomed tart tin. Grate half of the pastry into the prepared tin.
- Using the tips of your fingers, press the pastry over the base. Grate the remaining pastry in and press into the edges of the tin, to the same thickness as the bottom. Rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Bake the tart case, uncovered, for 15 minutes until lightly golden, Set aside to cool.
- Cut your apricots in half and remove the seeds. Toss them in vanilla sugar if you have but not necessary. Pour your filling into the tart shell and arrange you apricots cut side up evenly to fill the tart.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until just firm and golden brown. Allow to cool.
Ingredients: 185 g dates 1 cup water 60g butter 2 eggs 185g self raising flour 185g sugar 1tsp baking powder ½ tsp vanilla paste Butterscotch Sauce: 1 cup cream ¾ cup brown sugar 2 tbsp butter Pinch of salt Method: Bring the dates and water to a boil, then remove from...
Ingredients: 4 Lady Finger Bananas Woodchips for smoking in a fire or hibachi Dulce De Leche Creme: 2 Tbsp Dulce de leche 200ml Cream Chocolate Sauce: 150ml full-fat milk 150ml double cream 300g dark chocolate, broken into pieces 1 tsp vanilla extract To Serve: 1 tbsp...
Ingredients: 3 eggs, separated 6 tbsp caster sugar 500 g mascarpone cream 500ml espresso coffee 80ml marsala 500g savoiardi biscotti ( 1 large packet ) Dark chocolate, to grate Cocoa powder, to dust Method: Beat the egg yolks and half the sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes...
Ingredients: 1 pear, peeled and cored, diced 1 tsp ground cinnamon 125g unsalted butter ½ cup caster sugar 2 eggs 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking powder Salt Streusal Crumb: 40g unsalted butter, chilled, diced 1/3 cup plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar Salt Method:...
Ingredients: 2 eggs 1 cup sugar ¾ cup vegetable oil 1 tsp vanilla essence 2 cups grated carrot 1 ¼ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking soda 2-3 tsp cinnamon 2-3 tsp mixed spice ½ tsp salt Lime Cream Cheese: 200g cream cheese, room temperature 1 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 ¼ cup Nutella 8 thick slices of brioche 3 eggs ¼ cup milk 1 vanilla bean, scraped 40g butter 2 lady finger bananas 2 Tablespoons caster sugar 160g unsalted butter ¼ cup pistachios, chopped ¼ cup maple syrup Edible flowers to garnish Ice cream to...