Apricot and Almond TartBen O'Donoghue
- 335 g/11 ½ oz plain Laucke flour
- 100 g/4 oz icing sugar
- 235 g/8 ½ oz unsalted butter, cubed
- 3 free-range egg yolks
- 250 g/9 oz unsalted butter, cubed
- 250 g/9 oz caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
- 250 g/9 oz almond meal
- pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 6-8 fresh apricots
- Icing sugar, to serve
- To make the pastry, place the flour, sugar and butter in a food processor, and blend to a fine breadcrumb texture. Add the egg yolks, one at a time, and mix until the dough just comes together. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze.
- To make the filling, pulse the almonds in a food processor to a coarse crumb.
- Whisk the butter and sugar in a food processor to give a soft but not overly whipped mixture. Scrape in the seeds from the vanilla pod and add the almond meal and salt. Mix thoroughly. Then add the eggs one by one in fluted loose-bottomed tart tin. Grate half of the pastry into the prepared tin.
- Using the tips of your fingers, press the pastry over the base. Grate the remaining pastry in and press into the edges of the tin, to the same thickness as the bottom. Rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Bake the tart case, uncovered, for 15 minutes until lightly golden, Set aside to cool.
- Cut your apricots in half and remove the seeds. Toss them in vanilla sugar if you have but not necessary. Pour your filling into the tart shell and arrange you apricots cut side up evenly to fill the tart.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until just firm and golden brown. Allow to cool.
Ingredients: Serves: 2 Ingredients: 2x Wedges of Pumpkin (skin on) 1x can of coconut milk 30ml Soy Sauce (to taste) 1 tbsp of Tom Yum Paste 1 chilli, finely sliced 1 punch of Thai basil 1 tbsp fried shallots Bubur Cha Cha: Kara coconut cream 2litres Pandan leaves 6pcs...
Ingredients: Filling: 200ml Yuzu Juice 250g Caster Sugar 400ml Double Cream 5 Free Range eggs 25g Shiro Miso White Premium Sweet Pastry Case: 200g Unsalted Butter Zest of a lemon 150g Icing Sugar 450g Flour, Plain 5 Whole Eggs Method: Filling: Bring the cream and...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 400g Dulce de leche 2 egg yolks 2 whole eggs 50g Flour 0000 20g Unsalted butter 4 Lady finger bananas 50 g brown sugar 50 g golden syrup Cocoa powder Coconut ice cream (store bought) Method: Preheat the oven to 180C Place the dulce the leche...
Ingredients: Makes: 12 2/3 cup plain flour 1/3 cup self raising flour 1/3 cup raw caster sugar 1/3 cup brown sugar 1/3 cup malted milk drink powder 75g unsalted butter, melted and cooled 1 egg 200g dark chocolate, melted Vanilla bean ice cream and sea salt flakes to...
Ingredients: Serves: 8 2 sheets shortcrust pastry ½ cup medjool dates 2 free range eggs ½ cup caster sugar 2-3 tsp lemon zest 250gm fresh ricotta ½ cup thickened cream 2 tbsp plain flour 1 tbsp icing sugar Method: Remove pastry and allow to thaw slightly before...
Ingredients: Base: 2 cups cashews 10 pitted dates 1 cup coconut 4 tbsp liquid coconut oil Pinch of salt 1 tsp raw cocoa powder Caramel: 1 cup almond butter 10 pitted dates 1/4 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp vanilla paste 3/4 cup coconut oil 1 tsp salt flakes Chocolate Topping:...