Apricot and Almond TartBen O'Donoghue
- 335 g/11 ½ oz plain Laucke flour
- 100 g/4 oz icing sugar
- 235 g/8 ½ oz unsalted butter, cubed
- 3 free-range egg yolks
- 250 g/9 oz unsalted butter, cubed
- 250 g/9 oz caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
- 250 g/9 oz almond meal
- pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 6-8 fresh apricots
- Icing sugar, to serve
- To make the pastry, place the flour, sugar and butter in a food processor, and blend to a fine breadcrumb texture. Add the egg yolks, one at a time, and mix until the dough just comes together. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze.
- To make the filling, pulse the almonds in a food processor to a coarse crumb.
- Whisk the butter and sugar in a food processor to give a soft but not overly whipped mixture. Scrape in the seeds from the vanilla pod and add the almond meal and salt. Mix thoroughly. Then add the eggs one by one in fluted loose-bottomed tart tin. Grate half of the pastry into the prepared tin.
- Using the tips of your fingers, press the pastry over the base. Grate the remaining pastry in and press into the edges of the tin, to the same thickness as the bottom. Rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Bake the tart case, uncovered, for 15 minutes until lightly golden, Set aside to cool.
- Cut your apricots in half and remove the seeds. Toss them in vanilla sugar if you have but not necessary. Pour your filling into the tart shell and arrange you apricots cut side up evenly to fill the tart.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until just firm and golden brown. Allow to cool.
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...