Asparagus with Anchovy CrumbKhanh Ong
- 3 tbsp EVOO
- 1 banana shallot or
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 5 anchovy fillets finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon, zest and juice.
- a pinch of salt
- 300g asparagus woody part removed
- Coat the asparagus with 1 tbsp of EVOO and in a griddle pan on high, cook the asparagus in batches for 4-6 minutes turning once.
- Place 1 tbsp of EVOO into a medium pan then add shallots, a pinch of salt and cook for 1-2 minutes until softened.
- Add the anchovies, stir and mash them until dissolved.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Zest the lemon into the mixture, then add a squeeze of lemon juice
- Add bread crumbs and stir occasionally for 3-5 minutes or until crispy then season with salt.
- Place asparagus on a serving dish, top with a drizzle of EVOO then add the crumb mixture.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Riesling or Syrah
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...