Asparagus with Anchovy CrumbKhanh Ong
- 3 tbsp EVOO
- 1 banana shallot or
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 5 anchovy fillets finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon, zest and juice.
- a pinch of salt
- 300g asparagus woody part removed
- Coat the asparagus with 1 tbsp of EVOO and in a griddle pan on high, cook the asparagus in batches for 4-6 minutes turning once.
- Place 1 tbsp of EVOO into a medium pan then add shallots, a pinch of salt and cook for 1-2 minutes until softened.
- Add the anchovies, stir and mash them until dissolved.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Zest the lemon into the mixture, then add a squeeze of lemon juice
- Add bread crumbs and stir occasionally for 3-5 minutes or until crispy then season with salt.
- Place asparagus on a serving dish, top with a drizzle of EVOO then add the crumb mixture.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Riesling or Syrah
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...