Asparagus with Anchovy CrumbKhanh Ong
- 3 tbsp EVOO
- 1 banana shallot or
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 5 anchovy fillets finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon, zest and juice.
- a pinch of salt
- 300g asparagus woody part removed
- Coat the asparagus with 1 tbsp of EVOO and in a griddle pan on high, cook the asparagus in batches for 4-6 minutes turning once.
- Place 1 tbsp of EVOO into a medium pan then add shallots, a pinch of salt and cook for 1-2 minutes until softened.
- Add the anchovies, stir and mash them until dissolved.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Zest the lemon into the mixture, then add a squeeze of lemon juice
- Add bread crumbs and stir occasionally for 3-5 minutes or until crispy then season with salt.
- Place asparagus on a serving dish, top with a drizzle of EVOO then add the crumb mixture.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Riesling or Syrah
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...