Aussie Asian EggsBen O'Donoghue
- 8x Medium King prawns (peeled and deveined)
- 8x Streaky Bacon
- 8x eggs
- 1x red chilli finely sliced red chilli
- 1x spring onion finely sliced
- 1x handful picked coriander
- 1x packet of dried egg noodle cooked and refreshed
- Oyster sauce
- 500mls veg oil
- Pre-heat the veg oil in the wok to 160-170 degrees test the heat by placing a small piece of bread into the oil it should sizzle and brown relatively quickly
- While the oil is heating, add a good lug of veg oil to your grill plate and form 4 egg noodle cakes about 8cm across and fry until crisp on both sides but still soft in the middle. When cooked put aside on a serving plate.
- Grill or fry the bacon until you are happy with the crispiness, then cook the prawns and arrange on a serving platter or individual plates and keep warm
- Crack two eggs at a time into a cup and carefully slide them into the hot oil it will spit and sizzle. Gently move the eggs around and turn with a slotted spoon. Then remove and place on top of the bacon and prawns repeat with the remaining eggs
- Then drizzle with lashings of oyster sauce as much or as little as you like! Sliced chillies, spring onions and coriander
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...