Aussie Caprese SaladBen O'Donoghue
- 1kg tomatoes
- Sea salt
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch of fresh rosemary, leave picked
- 250g tub cottage cheese
- 2 clove garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup mixed chopped herbs, include basil, oregano and mint
- Wash and cut the tomatoes in half in irregular shapes. Season with a little salt, half of the olive oil and the picked rosemary.
- Mix the cottage cheese with the remaining oil, garlic, salt and pepper, and half the chopped herbs and set aside.
- Preheat the barbecue grill plate to very hot. Cook the tomatoes cut side down on the preheated barbecue until charred. Remove to a serving plate.
- Scatter the cottage cheese over the tomatoes and garnish with remaining freshly chopped herbs.
For this salad try and get hold of a variety of different tomatoes. It looks really pretty if you can find yellow or black tomatoes as well as red ones. Whichever tomatoes you do find, make sure they smell fabulous and ripe. It will make a big difference to the flavour of the salad.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...