Aussie Caprese SaladBen O'Donoghue
- 1kg tomatoes
- Sea salt
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch of fresh rosemary, leave picked
- 250g tub cottage cheese
- 2 clove garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup mixed chopped herbs, include basil, oregano and mint
- Wash and cut the tomatoes in half in irregular shapes. Season with a little salt, half of the olive oil and the picked rosemary.
- Mix the cottage cheese with the remaining oil, garlic, salt and pepper, and half the chopped herbs and set aside.
- Preheat the barbecue grill plate to very hot. Cook the tomatoes cut side down on the preheated barbecue until charred. Remove to a serving plate.
- Scatter the cottage cheese over the tomatoes and garnish with remaining freshly chopped herbs.
For this salad try and get hold of a variety of different tomatoes. It looks really pretty if you can find yellow or black tomatoes as well as red ones. Whichever tomatoes you do find, make sure they smell fabulous and ripe. It will make a big difference to the flavour of the salad.
Ingredients: 1 1⁄2 kg round steak, cleaned and cut into cubes 3 cans of roma tomatoes, crushed by hand 1 onion, finely diced 2-3 cloves of garlic 1⁄2 cup of olive oil, plus an additional 2 tbsp 1tbsp red wine vinegar 1L water or chicken stock (optional) 1tbsp tomato...
Ingredients: 1.5 kg green beans 3 potatoes 1 can of crushed tomatoes 1 tbsp tomato paste 2 onions, chopped 1 cup of olive oil 3 cups of Massel stock 1 cup of parsley finely chopped 1 tbsp sweet paprika Salt Pepper Method: Slice the tops off the green beans and string...
Ingredients: 500gm macaroni pasta 1 cup diced tomato Cheese sauce 500g monterey jack cheese 500ml cream 500ml milk 160gm butter 100gm flour 500ml beer Chilli flakes Salt and pepper 3/4 cup bread crumbs 2 tbsp melted butter 2 spring onion finely sliced Method: Cheese...
Ingredients: Serves 4 Hummus 1 Australian beetroot 4 Australian chestnuts 1 tin chickpeas 2 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Freshly squeezed juice from 1 ½ Australian lemons 1 clove Australian garlic 2 tbsp unhulled tahini ½ tsp cumin Pinch sea salt Cracked...
Ingredients: 4× 150g veal rib-eye steaks 4 cups cornflakes 100g parmesan, finely grated 1 cup plain flour 1 egg 200ml milk 100g butter 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sunflower oil 12 sage leaves 8 anchovy fillets Bunch of wild rocket, to garnish Salsa 1 large red capsicum 2 ripe...
Ingredients: Ribeye steak Salt Pepper 100g butter, softened 1 orange, zest 1 tsp thyme 50g hazelnuts, roasted 80g Blue cheese Method: Liberally season your steak with salt and pepper and cook to your liking, turning regularly. Rest for half of the cook time. Combine...