Aussie Caprese SaladBen O'Donoghue
- 1kg tomatoes
- Sea salt
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch of fresh rosemary, leave picked
- 250g tub cottage cheese
- 2 clove garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup mixed chopped herbs, include basil, oregano and mint
- Wash and cut the tomatoes in half in irregular shapes. Season with a little salt, half of the olive oil and the picked rosemary.
- Mix the cottage cheese with the remaining oil, garlic, salt and pepper, and half the chopped herbs and set aside.
- Preheat the barbecue grill plate to very hot. Cook the tomatoes cut side down on the preheated barbecue until charred. Remove to a serving plate.
- Scatter the cottage cheese over the tomatoes and garnish with remaining freshly chopped herbs.
For this salad try and get hold of a variety of different tomatoes. It looks really pretty if you can find yellow or black tomatoes as well as red ones. Whichever tomatoes you do find, make sure they smell fabulous and ripe. It will make a big difference to the flavour of the salad.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...