Aussie Caprese SaladBen O'Donoghue
- 1kg tomatoes
- Sea salt
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch of fresh rosemary, leave picked
- 250g tub cottage cheese
- 2 clove garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup mixed chopped herbs, include basil, oregano and mint
- Wash and cut the tomatoes in half in irregular shapes. Season with a little salt, half of the olive oil and the picked rosemary.
- Mix the cottage cheese with the remaining oil, garlic, salt and pepper, and half the chopped herbs and set aside.
- Preheat the barbecue grill plate to very hot. Cook the tomatoes cut side down on the preheated barbecue until charred. Remove to a serving plate.
- Scatter the cottage cheese over the tomatoes and garnish with remaining freshly chopped herbs.
For this salad try and get hold of a variety of different tomatoes. It looks really pretty if you can find yellow or black tomatoes as well as red ones. Whichever tomatoes you do find, make sure they smell fabulous and ripe. It will make a big difference to the flavour of the salad.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...