Aussie Caprese SaladBen O'Donoghue
- 1kg tomatoes
- Sea salt
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch of fresh rosemary, leave picked
- 250g tub cottage cheese
- 2 clove garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup mixed chopped herbs, include basil, oregano and mint
- Wash and cut the tomatoes in half in irregular shapes. Season with a little salt, half of the olive oil and the picked rosemary.
- Mix the cottage cheese with the remaining oil, garlic, salt and pepper, and half the chopped herbs and set aside.
- Preheat the barbecue grill plate to very hot. Cook the tomatoes cut side down on the preheated barbecue until charred. Remove to a serving plate.
- Scatter the cottage cheese over the tomatoes and garnish with remaining freshly chopped herbs.
For this salad try and get hold of a variety of different tomatoes. It looks really pretty if you can find yellow or black tomatoes as well as red ones. Whichever tomatoes you do find, make sure they smell fabulous and ripe. It will make a big difference to the flavour of the salad.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...