Baby Back Ribs with BBQ Corn SaladMike Reid
Recipe brought to you by our friends at Supreme Caravans
- 1kg pork baby back ribs, cut into 12 equal small racks (2 or 3 ribs per rack)
- 80g coarse sea salt
Smoked Corn Salad
- 4 large corn cobs in their husks
- 15 sprigs of lemon thyme
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 green chilli, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 20g coriander leaves
- 20g mint leaves
- 20g parsley leaves
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- coarse sea salt
- 3 banana shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 350ml bourbon
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp Szechuan peppercorns
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1½ tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 dried red chilies
- 2 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
Smoked Corn Salad
- Cook your corn over the BBQ until nice and golden. Once cooled remove from the cob and mix through with the other ingredients
- Add all your ingredients into a mixing bowl and a combine evenly before placing your ribs into the mix and marinating for at least 1 hour but ideally overnight
- Place in the oven and cook at about 160 degrees for 2-3 hours until tender and soft
- Once cooked, finish on the grill and baste with the glaze before serving
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...