Baby Back Ribs with BBQ Corn SaladMike Reid
Recipe brought to you by our friends at Supreme Caravans
- 1kg pork baby back ribs, cut into 12 equal small racks (2 or 3 ribs per rack)
- 80g coarse sea salt
Smoked Corn Salad
- 4 large corn cobs in their husks
- 15 sprigs of lemon thyme
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 green chilli, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 20g coriander leaves
- 20g mint leaves
- 20g parsley leaves
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- coarse sea salt
- 3 banana shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 350ml bourbon
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp Szechuan peppercorns
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1½ tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 dried red chilies
- 2 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
Smoked Corn Salad
- Cook your corn over the BBQ until nice and golden. Once cooled remove from the cob and mix through with the other ingredients
- Add all your ingredients into a mixing bowl and a combine evenly before placing your ribs into the mix and marinating for at least 1 hour but ideally overnight
- Place in the oven and cook at about 160 degrees for 2-3 hours until tender and soft
- Once cooked, finish on the grill and baste with the glaze before serving
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...