Baby Back Ribs with BBQ Corn SaladMike Reid
Recipe brought to you by our friends at Supreme Caravans
- 1kg pork baby back ribs, cut into 12 equal small racks (2 or 3 ribs per rack)
- 80g coarse sea salt
Smoked Corn Salad
- 4 large corn cobs in their husks
- 15 sprigs of lemon thyme
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 green chilli, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 20g coriander leaves
- 20g mint leaves
- 20g parsley leaves
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- coarse sea salt
- 3 banana shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 350ml bourbon
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp Szechuan peppercorns
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1½ tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 dried red chilies
- 2 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
Smoked Corn Salad
- Cook your corn over the BBQ until nice and golden. Once cooled remove from the cob and mix through with the other ingredients
- Add all your ingredients into a mixing bowl and a combine evenly before placing your ribs into the mix and marinating for at least 1 hour but ideally overnight
- Place in the oven and cook at about 160 degrees for 2-3 hours until tender and soft
- Once cooked, finish on the grill and baste with the glaze before serving
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...