- 255g lukewarm water
- 3g instant yeast
- 7g malt or brown sugar
- 10.5g salt
- 450g Laucke Wallaby flour
- Combine water yeast and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer, wait a few minutes until it becomes foamy. Add the flour and salt, mix on slow for a few minutes to bring the dough together. Speed the mixer up to medium and knead for about 10 minutes until the dough is smooth and a bit tacky. Try stretching the dough between your fingers to try the window test. Place dough in an oiled bowl and cover for one hour or until doubled in size.
- Knock back the dough and divide it into 6-8 pieces. I usually shoot for 150g, but you can make any size that you want. Roll into a log and connect the ends under your hand. Roll to seal in bagel shape. Place bagels on an oiled tray, cover and let proof for an hour. After an hour, they should have puffed up a bit, and will float in cold water.
- Preheat oven to 250c
- Bring 5l of water to a boil with salt and sugar. Poach the bagels for 30 sec per side, top with desired seeds and put onto a tray with baking paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until they are golden. Place baked bagels onto a cooling rack to cool for a few minutes before enjoying.
Ingredients: 500g fresh broad beans, in their pods 3–4 small fennel bulbs 250g frozen peas, thawed and rinsed 1 red onion, finely sliced 1 cup dill, finely chopped 1⁄2 bunch mint, finely chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish 1⁄2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes Romesco Sauce: 4 large red peppers 2 garlic cloves 150g ground almonds 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil 100ml extra virgin olive oil 20ml apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp smoked paprika 1...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 1 cup Vegetable oil 4 eggs 3 lap cheong sausages, thinly sliced 2 Tbsp XO Sauce 100gm cherry tomatoes, halved ½ red onion, thinly sliced 1 green chilli, thinly sliced ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped Method: Heat oil in a wok over a...
Ingredients: ½ cup dried scallops ½ cup dried shrimp 300ml Shaoxing wine 6 long red chillies, roughly chopped 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped 1 head garlic (10-12 cloves), peeled, roughly chopped 2 large red shallots, roughly chopped 1 large rasher bacon,...
Ingredients: Filling: 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely 500g ricotta 1 egg 50g grated parmigiano cheese Sea salt Freshly cracked black pepper 1/3 nutmeg grated Sugo: 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 long red...
Ingredients: 100g butter 200g finely grated pecorino cheese Salt Black pepper, freshly ground Pasta Dough: 100g semolina flour 100g plain flour 80ml - 100ml water Pinch of salt Method: Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long...