- 255g lukewarm water
- 3g instant yeast
- 7g malt or brown sugar
- 10.5g salt
- 450g Laucke Wallaby flour
- Combine water yeast and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer, wait a few minutes until it becomes foamy. Add the flour and salt, mix on slow for a few minutes to bring the dough together. Speed the mixer up to medium and knead for about 10 minutes until the dough is smooth and a bit tacky. Try stretching the dough between your fingers to try the window test. Place dough in an oiled bowl and cover for one hour or until doubled in size.
- Knock back the dough and divide it into 6-8 pieces. I usually shoot for 150g, but you can make any size that you want. Roll into a log and connect the ends under your hand. Roll to seal in bagel shape. Place bagels on an oiled tray, cover and let proof for an hour. After an hour, they should have puffed up a bit, and will float in cold water.
- Preheat oven to 250c
- Bring 5l of water to a boil with salt and sugar. Poach the bagels for 30 sec per side, top with desired seeds and put onto a tray with baking paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until they are golden. Place baked bagels onto a cooling rack to cool for a few minutes before enjoying.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...