- 255g lukewarm water
- 3g instant yeast
- 7g malt or brown sugar
- 10.5g salt
- 450g Laucke Wallaby flour
- Combine water yeast and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer, wait a few minutes until it becomes foamy. Add the flour and salt, mix on slow for a few minutes to bring the dough together. Speed the mixer up to medium and knead for about 10 minutes until the dough is smooth and a bit tacky. Try stretching the dough between your fingers to try the window test. Place dough in an oiled bowl and cover for one hour or until doubled in size.
- Knock back the dough and divide it into 6-8 pieces. I usually shoot for 150g, but you can make any size that you want. Roll into a log and connect the ends under your hand. Roll to seal in bagel shape. Place bagels on an oiled tray, cover and let proof for an hour. After an hour, they should have puffed up a bit, and will float in cold water.
- Preheat oven to 250c
- Bring 5l of water to a boil with salt and sugar. Poach the bagels for 30 sec per side, top with desired seeds and put onto a tray with baking paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until they are golden. Place baked bagels onto a cooling rack to cool for a few minutes before enjoying.
Ingredients: 4 cups Cooked short medium rice (piping hot) 1 Carrot (julienned) 1 Zucchini (julienned) 8 Dried shiitake mushrooms (rehydrated in warm water for at least 1 hr, sliced) 1 pack Enoki mushrooms, separated 4 Radishes, thinly sliced 1 cup Shelled edamame...
Ingredients: 4 x Burger buns Brioche 600g beef mince (formed into 150g balls) ½ red onion finely diced 100g garlic and dill pickles “Maclures “ or similar 4tbsp tomato ketchup Monteray jack cheese slices (4x 50g slices) 100g Kewpie mayo 20g Hot English mustard Salt...
Ingredients: Pumpkin Seed Hummus 300g pepita seeds soaked in water 30g garlic 120ml lemon juice 120gm tahini 250ml water 250g evo Tahini Green Goddess Dressing 3 cloves garlic peeled Juice of 1 lemon 60mls Salt 100g tahini 250ml EVO 1 cup of water 1 tablespoon caper 1...
Ingredients: 1 x Laucke Brioche Mix Sliced jalapeno chilli pickled 600g chicken tenders sunflower oil for frying Kewpee sesame dressing Pineapple Iceberg lettuce ½ cup butter milk / yoghurt Crumb 1 ½ cup chickpea flour 1 tsp onion powder ¼ tsp cayenne pepper ¼ tsp...
Ingredients: Dineamic Sweet Potato and Coconut Curry Cauliflower rice Roti bread Yoghurt Mint Method: Place the pouch in a pot of simmering water for 10 minutes. Cauliflower rice is super easy to make if you have a food processor. Chop the floret of cauliflower and...
Ingredients: 1-2 Safcol tins smoked trout 1 tub full fat cream cheese 1 tbsp dill chopped finely chopped 1 tbsp finely chopped red onion or banana shallot 1tbsp baby capers Juice of 1 lemon Salt Pepper To serve Cucumber sticks Carrot sticks Celery sticks And or...