- 255g lukewarm water
- 3g instant yeast
- 7g malt or brown sugar
- 10.5g salt
- 450g Laucke Wallaby flour
- Combine water yeast and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer, wait a few minutes until it becomes foamy. Add the flour and salt, mix on slow for a few minutes to bring the dough together. Speed the mixer up to medium and knead for about 10 minutes until the dough is smooth and a bit tacky. Try stretching the dough between your fingers to try the window test. Place dough in an oiled bowl and cover for one hour or until doubled in size.
- Knock back the dough and divide it into 6-8 pieces. I usually shoot for 150g, but you can make any size that you want. Roll into a log and connect the ends under your hand. Roll to seal in bagel shape. Place bagels on an oiled tray, cover and let proof for an hour. After an hour, they should have puffed up a bit, and will float in cold water.
- Preheat oven to 250c
- Bring 5l of water to a boil with salt and sugar. Poach the bagels for 30 sec per side, top with desired seeds and put onto a tray with baking paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until they are golden. Place baked bagels onto a cooling rack to cool for a few minutes before enjoying.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...