- 255g lukewarm water
- 3g instant yeast
- 7g malt or brown sugar
- 10.5g salt
- 450g Laucke Wallaby flour
- Combine water yeast and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer, wait a few minutes until it becomes foamy. Add the flour and salt, mix on slow for a few minutes to bring the dough together. Speed the mixer up to medium and knead for about 10 minutes until the dough is smooth and a bit tacky. Try stretching the dough between your fingers to try the window test. Place dough in an oiled bowl and cover for one hour or until doubled in size.
- Knock back the dough and divide it into 6-8 pieces. I usually shoot for 150g, but you can make any size that you want. Roll into a log and connect the ends under your hand. Roll to seal in bagel shape. Place bagels on an oiled tray, cover and let proof for an hour. After an hour, they should have puffed up a bit, and will float in cold water.
- Preheat oven to 250c
- Bring 5l of water to a boil with salt and sugar. Poach the bagels for 30 sec per side, top with desired seeds and put onto a tray with baking paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until they are golden. Place baked bagels onto a cooling rack to cool for a few minutes before enjoying.
Ingredients: 500g dried chickpeas, soaked in cold water overnight 1-2 sticks of celery, finely chopped 1 large onion, chopped 150ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for serving Juice of 1 lemon, or more if needed 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped A sprinkling...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 1 small onion, chopped 2 garlic cloves, chopped 1 cup chopped carrot 10 habanero or carolina reaper chillies 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) lime juice 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) white vinegar 1 teaspoon English mustard 1 teaspoon salt 250 ml...
Ingredients: Makes 6 - 8 large muffins depending on amount of filling 500gm flour 500ml milk 2 eggs 20gm Baking powder 1 cup veg oil Equipment 1 x Large 6 Muffin tray Baking paper cut into 15x15cm square and cut from point ¾ into the center to make a windmill kind of...
Ingredients: 2 tbsp olive oil 1kg potatoes, cubes 1 onion, diced 2 sticks celery, sliced 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped 1 butternut pumpkin (1.5-2kg), cubed 3 saffron threads Pinch of salt and pepper Sprig of Rosemary 1.5 litres chicken stock 1 carrot, chopped...
Ingredients: Serves 2 1 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil 1 Australian red onion Small bunch Australian spring onions Small bunch Australian Kale 1 Australian red capsicum 1 clove Australian garlic ½ tsp cumin 1 tsp paprika Pinch cayenne pepper (optional) 1 tin...
Ingredients: 8 chicken thigh skin on Brine 500ml butter milk 1 onion 2 cloves garlic 1tbsp salt 1tsp cracked black pepper Dressing 1 cup Sour cream 1 cup Buttermilk 2 tbsp chopped Chives 1 tbsp Dijon mustard 1 tbsp Honey 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar 1 cup Extra Virgin...