Baked Barramundi & Red Pepper PestoMike Reid
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods
- 1 Barramundi
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Bunch of Watercress
- 1 Whole Romero pepper, diced
- 8 Baby plum tomatoes, whole
- ½ Red onion, cubed
- 80g Pine nuts, roasted
- 80g Parmesan, grated
- 100ml Olive oil
- ½ Lemon
- Sea Salt
- Over medium heat, sauté your peppers, tomatoes, and onions until they are nicely softened and slightly caramelised.
- Add to your blender with the pine nuts and Parmesan and slowly add your olive oil.
- Leave to cool.
- Score your whole barramundi on both sides. Rub in a little olive oil and season with sea salt. Then cover with your red pepper pesto and leave to marinade for at least 1 hour in your fridge.
- Wrap your fish in foil and then bake in a preheated oven at 180* for about 25 minutes. Take out and rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Dress with the watercress and remaining olive oil and squeeze of lemon.