Baked Kofta with EggsBen O'Donoghue
- Red onion 1 large, grated
- Ground coriander 1 heaped tsp
- Flat-leaf parsley chopped to make 2 tbsp
- Minced lamb 500g
- Olive oil
- Chopped tomatoes 2 x 400g tins
- Eggs 4 (optional)
- Coriander a handful of leaves to serve
- Garlic 1 clove
- Sea salt
- Coriander stalks from a large bunch, chopped
- Red onion 1/2, grated
- Ground cumin 1 tsp
- Saffron 2 pinches
- Lemon 1, zested
- To make the paste, bash the garlic to a purée in a pestle and mortar with a big pinch of sea salt.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and work together until you have a paste. Alternatively, just whizz it all together in a food processor.
- Put the onion, ground coriander, flat-leaf parsley and lamb in a bowl.
- Season, mix and roll into 12 meatballs. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a tagine or wide shallow pan (with a lid) and brown the meatballs all over, then scoop them out.
- Add the paste to the tagine or pan and fry for a few minutes until aromatic.
- Put the meatballs back in the pot with the tomatoes and simmer for 30 minutes with the lid on.
- Crack the eggs on top, if using, and cover for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Scatter over coriander and serve with couscous.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...