Baked Kofta with EggsBen O'Donoghue
- Red onion 1 large, grated
- Ground coriander 1 heaped tsp
- Flat-leaf parsley chopped to make 2 tbsp
- Minced lamb 500g
- Olive oil
- Chopped tomatoes 2 x 400g tins
- Eggs 4 (optional)
- Coriander a handful of leaves to serve
- Garlic 1 clove
- Sea salt
- Coriander stalks from a large bunch, chopped
- Red onion 1/2, grated
- Ground cumin 1 tsp
- Saffron 2 pinches
- Lemon 1, zested
- To make the paste, bash the garlic to a purée in a pestle and mortar with a big pinch of sea salt.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and work together until you have a paste. Alternatively, just whizz it all together in a food processor.
- Put the onion, ground coriander, flat-leaf parsley and lamb in a bowl.
- Season, mix and roll into 12 meatballs. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a tagine or wide shallow pan (with a lid) and brown the meatballs all over, then scoop them out.
- Add the paste to the tagine or pan and fry for a few minutes until aromatic.
- Put the meatballs back in the pot with the tomatoes and simmer for 30 minutes with the lid on.
- Crack the eggs on top, if using, and cover for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Scatter over coriander and serve with couscous.
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...