Baked Kofta with EggsBen O'Donoghue
- Red onion 1 large, grated
- Ground coriander 1 heaped tsp
- Flat-leaf parsley chopped to make 2 tbsp
- Minced lamb 500g
- Olive oil
- Chopped tomatoes 2 x 400g tins
- Eggs 4 (optional)
- Coriander a handful of leaves to serve
- Garlic 1 clove
- Sea salt
- Coriander stalks from a large bunch, chopped
- Red onion 1/2, grated
- Ground cumin 1 tsp
- Saffron 2 pinches
- Lemon 1, zested
- To make the paste, bash the garlic to a purée in a pestle and mortar with a big pinch of sea salt.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and work together until you have a paste. Alternatively, just whizz it all together in a food processor.
- Put the onion, ground coriander, flat-leaf parsley and lamb in a bowl.
- Season, mix and roll into 12 meatballs. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a tagine or wide shallow pan (with a lid) and brown the meatballs all over, then scoop them out.
- Add the paste to the tagine or pan and fry for a few minutes until aromatic.
- Put the meatballs back in the pot with the tomatoes and simmer for 30 minutes with the lid on.
- Crack the eggs on top, if using, and cover for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Scatter over coriander and serve with couscous.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...