Baked Kofta with EggsBen O'Donoghue
- Red onion 1 large, grated
- Ground coriander 1 heaped tsp
- Flat-leaf parsley chopped to make 2 tbsp
- Minced lamb 500g
- Olive oil
- Chopped tomatoes 2 x 400g tins
- Eggs 4 (optional)
- Coriander a handful of leaves to serve
- Garlic 1 clove
- Sea salt
- Coriander stalks from a large bunch, chopped
- Red onion 1/2, grated
- Ground cumin 1 tsp
- Saffron 2 pinches
- Lemon 1, zested
- To make the paste, bash the garlic to a purée in a pestle and mortar with a big pinch of sea salt.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and work together until you have a paste. Alternatively, just whizz it all together in a food processor.
- Put the onion, ground coriander, flat-leaf parsley and lamb in a bowl.
- Season, mix and roll into 12 meatballs. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a tagine or wide shallow pan (with a lid) and brown the meatballs all over, then scoop them out.
- Add the paste to the tagine or pan and fry for a few minutes until aromatic.
- Put the meatballs back in the pot with the tomatoes and simmer for 30 minutes with the lid on.
- Crack the eggs on top, if using, and cover for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Scatter over coriander and serve with couscous.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...