Balinese Coconut and Snake Bean SaladKhanh Ong
- 150g snake beans cut 5mm pieces
- 1 medium carrot julienned
- 100g bean sprouts
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 shallots sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic sliced
- 2 long red chilli sliced
- 6 kaffir lime leaves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 packed cup of fresh grated coconut
- a pinch of salt
- juice of half a lime
- Blanch the snake beans, carrots and bean sprouts for 1-2 minutes in boil water and drain well. set aside.
- in a large pan add coconut oil, shallots, garlic, 1 of the chilli and kaffir lime leaves to cook and activate for 3-4 minutes.
- deglaze with fish sauce, turn off the heat and add in grated coconut.
- toss together with vegs, the rest of the chili and salt.
- finish with a squeeze of lime.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...