Balinese Coconut and Snake Bean SaladKhanh Ong
- 150g snake beans cut 5mm pieces
- 1 medium carrot julienned
- 100g bean sprouts
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 shallots sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic sliced
- 2 long red chilli sliced
- 6 kaffir lime leaves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 packed cup of fresh grated coconut
- a pinch of salt
- juice of half a lime
- Blanch the snake beans, carrots and bean sprouts for 1-2 minutes in boil water and drain well. set aside.
- in a large pan add coconut oil, shallots, garlic, 1 of the chilli and kaffir lime leaves to cook and activate for 3-4 minutes.
- deglaze with fish sauce, turn off the heat and add in grated coconut.
- toss together with vegs, the rest of the chili and salt.
- finish with a squeeze of lime.
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...
Ingredients: Makes Two 4 rounds or Rye bread slices 300gm sliced pastrami 100gm sauerkraut 200gm comte cheese or cheddar 2 large garlic and dill pickles cut in half 4 tbsp kewpie mayo 1 tbsp hot English mustard 100gm butter soft Method: Combine the hot English mustard...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 4 eggs separated 1 cup butter milk 1 cup ricotta 1 cup corn frozen 1 small bunch coriander leaves chopped 1 lg smashed avo 200gm chopped tomatoes 1/4 medium red onion sliced 1 clove of garlic chopped...