Banana Breakfast BarLaura Sharrad
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews
- 1 ½ desiccated coconut
- 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped
- 10 fresh dates, pitted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of baking soda
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a lightly greased 20cm square tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the cashews, coconut, banana, dates, vanilla, cacao powder and bicarbonate of soda in a food processor and process, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally, for 5 minutes or until smooth. Add half the cacao nibs and pulse until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and smooth the top with a palette knife. Gently press the walnut and remaining cacao nibs into the top. Cook for 25 minutes or until the top is dry and golden.
- Set aside to cool for 10 minutes, then refrigerate until cold. Cut into 10 bars and serve.