Banana Cake/loafSimone Austin
- 3 ripe mashed banana
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 ½ cups self raising flour (could use wholemeal)
- ½ cup Light extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 6 scoops of Ensure vanilla Powder
- Beat together the extra virgin olive oil, sugar and eggs. Add in the mashed bananas and mix well.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda to the milk separately and then add to the mixture.
- Add in the flour and Ensure Vanilla powder and mix until combined.
- Line a greased and floured 2cm square cake tin and pour in mixture.
- Bake in a moderate oven 180 degrees for 30minutes or until cooked.
For more details on Ensure, go to ensure.com.au
- What better afternoon snack than a fresh slice of banana cake – this banana cake has a couple of extra nutritional surprises.
Banana Breakfast Bar
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
Raspberry Grappa Jam Drops
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Deep Fried Apple Pie
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Crème Brûlèe Donuts
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
Banana Crepes with Banana Caramel
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...