Banana Crepes with Banana CaramelMike Reid
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh
- 200g plain flour
- 100 caster sugar
- 200ml milk, full fat
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 50g butter
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- 75g caster sugar
- 30g butter, salted
- Banana Peel
- ½ orange, juiced
- Blow torch
- Whisk the egg, sugar and milk together to form a batter. Add your eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
- For the bananas, add 50g sugar to a sauce pan over a medium heat with the juice from an orange and banana peel. Reduce to a light syrup before finishing with the butter. Remove peels.
- Cut the bananas lengthways. Dust with the remaining sugar and blow torch until bruleed.
- Heat your crepe pan over a medium heat. Add a thin layer of batter, after greasing your pan with butter. Cook until just cooked around the edges and middle and flip. The first will probably fail so don’t be disheartened.
- Repeat until all mixture is used up and plate with your syrup and bruleed bananas.