- 900g floury potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp gravy granules
- 8 pork sausages
- 50g unsalted butter
- 50ml Thicken cream
- 100g Savoy cabbage, Sliced (mandolin)
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup of Frozen peas
- Peel, wash and then cut potatoes. Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes or until soft.
- Before gravy, brown the sausages off in a heavy based saucepan. Remove sausages once browned.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Add the onion and cook until soft , but not coloured. Stir in the mustard then pour in the stock to deglace. Bring the mixture to the boil, then add the gravy browning. Add sausage back in, bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer. Reduce for 10 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Drain the potatoes and mash. In a fresh pot, add butter with spring onions and cabbage and saute off. Add mash into the pot and fold in sauteed veg. Once mixed, Pile the mash into large serving bowl.
- Add gravy granules in and stir through. Throw in a cup of frozen peas to sausages and gravy pot at the very end, and it is now ready to serve.