Banh Tomkhanh Ong
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 1⁄2 cup of water
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250g of shredded sweet potato soaked in water for 10 minutes then drained
- 250g School prawns or smallest prawns you can find
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp of chicken stock powder
- 1⁄2 tsp white pepper a pinch of salt
- Nuoc Cham dressing
- Iceberg lettuce
- Leaves mint sprigs
- Vietnamese mint sprigs
- Mix rice flour, flour, water, salt, sugar, turmeric and baking powder well to form a batter.
- Place sweet potato in the batter and coat well.
- Prep the shrimp but cleaning up legs and head with scissors
- In a small bowl mix shrimp with garlic, chicken stock, pepper and salt.
- Fill a pot up with oil to deep fry and bring to 180C
- Fill a small ladle with sweet potato batter dip a prawn in the batter and place on top of sweet potato.
- Deep fry for 3-5 minutes until golden brown
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...