Banh Tomkhanh Ong
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 1⁄2 cup of water
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250g of shredded sweet potato soaked in water for 10 minutes then drained
- 250g School prawns or smallest prawns you can find
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp of chicken stock powder
- 1⁄2 tsp white pepper a pinch of salt
- Nuoc Cham dressing
- Iceberg lettuce
- Leaves mint sprigs
- Vietnamese mint sprigs
- Mix rice flour, flour, water, salt, sugar, turmeric and baking powder well to form a batter.
- Place sweet potato in the batter and coat well.
- Prep the shrimp but cleaning up legs and head with scissors
- In a small bowl mix shrimp with garlic, chicken stock, pepper and salt.
- Fill a pot up with oil to deep fry and bring to 180C
- Fill a small ladle with sweet potato batter dip a prawn in the batter and place on top of sweet potato.
- Deep fry for 3-5 minutes until golden brown
Ingredients: Serves 4 10 ripe figs 2 long red chillies ½ bunch basil Extra virgin olive oil 4 slices of sour dough bread 50g parmesan cheese 2 whole buffalo mozzarella ½ cup of crème criache Baking paper Method: Grill the chillies on your stovetop to blacken and...
Ingredients: 4 thick pork loin chops skin off 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped 1 stick of rosemary, leaves picked and roughly chopped 4 fresh bay leaves, roughly chopped 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 1/4 cup olive oil 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper Flaky salt Apple...
Ingredients: Serves 6 2 bulbs garlic 6 large chicken thighs, on the bone, skin on 4 long stalks rosemary, sprigs removed (about 20) 1/4 bunch thyme salt and freshly ground black pepper A drizzle of olive oil Approx. 500 ml (17 fl oz/2 cups) Massel https://massel.com/...
Ingredients: Yorkshire Pudding Batter 225gm flour Pinch salt 3 eggs whole 200ml milk 200ml water The Toad 8 course minced pork sausages 4 Streaky bacon rashers 8inch long fresh rosemary sprigs Cracked black pepper Veg oil 1/2 cup The Sauce 1 large brown onion peeled...
Ingredients: 320g semolina plus a little extra 40g greens such as spinach or Tuscan kale Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sea salt and cracked pepper Pesto 1 garlic clove, peeled 20g pine nuts 50g wild rocket 25g parmesan plus a little extra Juice of 1 lemon Method: To make the...
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...