Banh Tomkhanh Ong
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 1⁄2 cup of water
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250g of shredded sweet potato soaked in water for 10 minutes then drained
- 250g School prawns or smallest prawns you can find
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp of chicken stock powder
- 1⁄2 tsp white pepper a pinch of salt
- Nuoc Cham dressing
- Iceberg lettuce
- Leaves mint sprigs
- Vietnamese mint sprigs
- Mix rice flour, flour, water, salt, sugar, turmeric and baking powder well to form a batter.
- Place sweet potato in the batter and coat well.
- Prep the shrimp but cleaning up legs and head with scissors
- In a small bowl mix shrimp with garlic, chicken stock, pepper and salt.
- Fill a pot up with oil to deep fry and bring to 180C
- Fill a small ladle with sweet potato batter dip a prawn in the batter and place on top of sweet potato.
- Deep fry for 3-5 minutes until golden brown
Ingredients: 100g glass noodles (bean thread vermicelli) 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced using a vegetable peeler 4 spring onions, thinly sliced on diagonal 2 eschalots, thinly sliced 1 cup coriander sprigs 1 cup flat-leaf parsley sprigs 1-2 small red chillies,...
Ingredients: 320g semolina plus a little extra 40g greens such as spinach or Tuscan kale Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sea salt and cracked pepper Pesto 1 garlic clove, peeled 20g pine nuts 50g wild rocket 25g parmesan plus a little extra Juice of 1 lemon Method: To make the...
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...