Banh Tomkhanh Ong
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 1⁄2 cup of water
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250g of shredded sweet potato soaked in water for 10 minutes then drained
- 250g School prawns or smallest prawns you can find
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp of chicken stock powder
- 1⁄2 tsp white pepper a pinch of salt
- Nuoc Cham dressing
- Iceberg lettuce
- Leaves mint sprigs
- Vietnamese mint sprigs
- Mix rice flour, flour, water, salt, sugar, turmeric and baking powder well to form a batter.
- Place sweet potato in the batter and coat well.
- Prep the shrimp but cleaning up legs and head with scissors
- In a small bowl mix shrimp with garlic, chicken stock, pepper and salt.
- Fill a pot up with oil to deep fry and bring to 180C
- Fill a small ladle with sweet potato batter dip a prawn in the batter and place on top of sweet potato.
- Deep fry for 3-5 minutes until golden brown
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...