Banh Tomkhanh Ong
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 1⁄2 cup of water
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250g of shredded sweet potato soaked in water for 10 minutes then drained
- 250g School prawns or smallest prawns you can find
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp of chicken stock powder
- 1⁄2 tsp white pepper a pinch of salt
- Nuoc Cham dressing
- Iceberg lettuce
- Leaves mint sprigs
- Vietnamese mint sprigs
- Mix rice flour, flour, water, salt, sugar, turmeric and baking powder well to form a batter.
- Place sweet potato in the batter and coat well.
- Prep the shrimp but cleaning up legs and head with scissors
- In a small bowl mix shrimp with garlic, chicken stock, pepper and salt.
- Fill a pot up with oil to deep fry and bring to 180C
- Fill a small ladle with sweet potato batter dip a prawn in the batter and place on top of sweet potato.
- Deep fry for 3-5 minutes until golden brown
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...