Barbecue SauceBen O'Donoghue
- 230g dark brown sugar
- 250ml sherry vinegar or red-wine vinegar
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 star anise
- 1 chipotle chilli
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 60ml tomato sauce
- 200g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a heavy-based saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to a low simmer and cook for 30–40 minutes, until the sauce coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Allow the sauce to cool briefly, then use a stick blender to purée until completely smooth. If the sauce is still a little too thin, you can continue to simmer and reduce it.
- Remove from the heat and allow the sauce to cool to room temperature. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...