Barramundi Wing with XO SauceMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Supreme Caravans
- 100ml Fish Sauce (Red boat brand)
- 30g brown soft sugar
- Sea Salt
- 170g Dry Scallops
- 100g Dry Shrimp (adjust to your taste)
- 30g Dry Calamari (adjust to your taste)
- 60g Jinhua Ham
- 300g Shallot, diced
- 35g Garlic, minced
- 70g Ginger, minced
- 30g Dry Red Chili (adjust to your taste)
- 240ml Avocado Oil
- 30ml Chili Sesame Oil (adjust to your taste)
- 2tbsp Shaoxing Wine
- 240ml Dark Soy Sauce (Mushroom flavored, adjust to your taste)
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- Over a medium heat, add all ingredients and reduce by half. Set aside until needed
- First rehydrate all your dry scallops, prawns and calamari in water for about 1 hour. When ready drain off water and discard keeping your fish
- Sautee your shallots, garlic, ginger and ham in your avocado oil and sesame oil. Just as they are starting to caramalise add in your dry fish and continue to saute over a medium heat.
- Next add your wine and reduce. Then add your sugar and soy and simmer over a low heat until everything is nicely cooked
- Grill your barramundi wings skin side down first after brushing with a little olive oil. Once you have a nice colour, turn it over and finish cooking. Depending the size of your wings cooking time will vary but it won’t take as long as you think.
- Top with gorgeous xo sauce and enjoy
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Gris.
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...