Barramundi Wing with XO SauceMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Supreme Caravans
- 100ml Fish Sauce (Red boat brand)
- 30g brown soft sugar
- Sea Salt
- 170g Dry Scallops
- 100g Dry Shrimp (adjust to your taste)
- 30g Dry Calamari (adjust to your taste)
- 60g Jinhua Ham
- 300g Shallot, diced
- 35g Garlic, minced
- 70g Ginger, minced
- 30g Dry Red Chili (adjust to your taste)
- 240ml Avocado Oil
- 30ml Chili Sesame Oil (adjust to your taste)
- 2tbsp Shaoxing Wine
- 240ml Dark Soy Sauce (Mushroom flavored, adjust to your taste)
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- Over a medium heat, add all ingredients and reduce by half. Set aside until needed
- First rehydrate all your dry scallops, prawns and calamari in water for about 1 hour. When ready drain off water and discard keeping your fish
- Sautee your shallots, garlic, ginger and ham in your avocado oil and sesame oil. Just as they are starting to caramalise add in your dry fish and continue to saute over a medium heat.
- Next add your wine and reduce. Then add your sugar and soy and simmer over a low heat until everything is nicely cooked
- Grill your barramundi wings skin side down first after brushing with a little olive oil. Once you have a nice colour, turn it over and finish cooking. Depending the size of your wings cooking time will vary but it won’t take as long as you think.
- Top with gorgeous xo sauce and enjoy
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Gris.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...