Barramundi Wing with XO SauceMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Supreme Caravans
- 100ml Fish Sauce (Red boat brand)
- 30g brown soft sugar
- Sea Salt
- 170g Dry Scallops
- 100g Dry Shrimp (adjust to your taste)
- 30g Dry Calamari (adjust to your taste)
- 60g Jinhua Ham
- 300g Shallot, diced
- 35g Garlic, minced
- 70g Ginger, minced
- 30g Dry Red Chili (adjust to your taste)
- 240ml Avocado Oil
- 30ml Chili Sesame Oil (adjust to your taste)
- 2tbsp Shaoxing Wine
- 240ml Dark Soy Sauce (Mushroom flavored, adjust to your taste)
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- Over a medium heat, add all ingredients and reduce by half. Set aside until needed
- First rehydrate all your dry scallops, prawns and calamari in water for about 1 hour. When ready drain off water and discard keeping your fish
- Sautee your shallots, garlic, ginger and ham in your avocado oil and sesame oil. Just as they are starting to caramalise add in your dry fish and continue to saute over a medium heat.
- Next add your wine and reduce. Then add your sugar and soy and simmer over a low heat until everything is nicely cooked
- Grill your barramundi wings skin side down first after brushing with a little olive oil. Once you have a nice colour, turn it over and finish cooking. Depending the size of your wings cooking time will vary but it won’t take as long as you think.
- Top with gorgeous xo sauce and enjoy
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Gris.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...