BBQ Bugs with Nduja ButterMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Supreme Caravans
- 3 Morton bay bugs
- 1 bunch dill
- 1 bunch of mint
- 2 red chilies, sliced.
- 75g softened butter
- 2 banana shallots, peeled and finely diced
- 50g Nduja
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prep the bugs by removing the heads. Cut down the centre of the tail with scissors to expose the flesh, but leaving in the shell.
- Cook on hibachi with flesh facing upwards, for 5-7 minutes.
- In a frypan, add shallots, nduja, chives and seasoning. Cook down until well combined.
- Let cool in a bowl then add butter and mix together.
- When the bugs are half way cooked, add the nduja butter on top.
- Serve with dill, mint and chillies.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Chardonnay.
Ingredients: 500g fresh broad beans, in their pods 3–4 small fennel bulbs 250g frozen peas, thawed and rinsed 1 red onion, finely sliced 1 cup dill, finely chopped 1⁄2 bunch mint, finely chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish 1⁄2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes Romesco Sauce: 4 large red peppers 2 garlic cloves 150g ground almonds 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil 100ml extra virgin olive oil 20ml apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp smoked paprika 1...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 1 cup Vegetable oil 4 eggs 3 lap cheong sausages, thinly sliced 2 Tbsp XO Sauce 100gm cherry tomatoes, halved ½ red onion, thinly sliced 1 green chilli, thinly sliced ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped Method: Heat oil in a wok over a...
Ingredients: ½ cup dried scallops ½ cup dried shrimp 300ml Shaoxing wine 6 long red chillies, roughly chopped 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped 1 head garlic (10-12 cloves), peeled, roughly chopped 2 large red shallots, roughly chopped 1 large rasher bacon,...
Ingredients: Filling: 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely 500g ricotta 1 egg 50g grated parmigiano cheese Sea salt Freshly cracked black pepper 1/3 nutmeg grated Sugo: 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 long red...
Ingredients: 100g butter 200g finely grated pecorino cheese Salt Black pepper, freshly ground Pasta Dough: 100g semolina flour 100g plain flour 80ml - 100ml water Pinch of salt Method: Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long...