BBQ Butter ChickenBen O'Donoghue
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, skin removed, cut into 4 cm dice
- 80g (1⁄3 cup) plain yoghurt
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons Korean fermented chilli paste (gochujang) or chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice salt, to taste
- 400g can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicum (pepper), seeds removed
2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 red chilli, optional
- 250ml (1 cup) cream
- Salt, to taste
- 50g butter
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a food processor and blend well.
- Thoroughly coat the chicken with the mixture and allow to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, to make the butter sauce, combine all the ingredients, except the butter, in a food processor and blend well. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat and when it begins to foam, pour in the sauce mixture and simmer, for 30–40 minutes, until reduced by half, keeping an eye on it so it doesn’t catch.
- Skewer the chicken pieces onto metal skewers and place on a tray. Drizzle with any remaining marinade and cover while heating your barbecue.
- If using charcoal, ensure the coals are well lit and evenly spread, then suspend the skewers over the coals. If using a gas barbecue, cook the skewers over a medium heat, suspended between two house bricks. Cook, turning the skewers frequently to ensure even cooking, for at least 15 minutes to ensure the chicken is cooked through.
- When the chicken is well cooked and charred at the edges, un-skewer the meat into the sauce. Alternatively, coat the skewered meat with the sauce.
- Serve straight away.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...