BBQ Butter ChickenBen O'Donoghue
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, skin removed, cut into 4 cm dice
- 80g (1⁄3 cup) plain yoghurt
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons Korean fermented chilli paste (gochujang) or chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice salt, to taste
- 400g can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicum (pepper), seeds removed
2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 red chilli, optional
- 250ml (1 cup) cream
- Salt, to taste
- 50g butter
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a food processor and blend well.
- Thoroughly coat the chicken with the mixture and allow to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, to make the butter sauce, combine all the ingredients, except the butter, in a food processor and blend well. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat and when it begins to foam, pour in the sauce mixture and simmer, for 30–40 minutes, until reduced by half, keeping an eye on it so it doesn’t catch.
- Skewer the chicken pieces onto metal skewers and place on a tray. Drizzle with any remaining marinade and cover while heating your barbecue.
- If using charcoal, ensure the coals are well lit and evenly spread, then suspend the skewers over the coals. If using a gas barbecue, cook the skewers over a medium heat, suspended between two house bricks. Cook, turning the skewers frequently to ensure even cooking, for at least 15 minutes to ensure the chicken is cooked through.
- When the chicken is well cooked and charred at the edges, un-skewer the meat into the sauce. Alternatively, coat the skewered meat with the sauce.
- Serve straight away.
Ingredients: 1 1⁄2 kg round steak, cleaned and cut into cubes 3 cans of roma tomatoes, crushed by hand 1 onion, finely diced 2-3 cloves of garlic 1⁄2 cup of olive oil, plus an additional 2 tbsp 1tbsp red wine vinegar 1L water or chicken stock (optional) 1tbsp tomato...
Ingredients: 1.5 kg green beans 3 potatoes 1 can of crushed tomatoes 1 tbsp tomato paste 2 onions, chopped 1 cup of olive oil 3 cups of Massel stock 1 cup of parsley finely chopped 1 tbsp sweet paprika Salt Pepper Method: Slice the tops off the green beans and string...
Ingredients: 500gm macaroni pasta 1 cup diced tomato Cheese sauce 500g monterey jack cheese 500ml cream 500ml milk 160gm butter 100gm flour 500ml beer Chilli flakes Salt and pepper 3/4 cup bread crumbs 2 tbsp melted butter 2 spring onion finely sliced Method: Cheese...
Ingredients: Serves 4 Hummus 1 Australian beetroot 4 Australian chestnuts 1 tin chickpeas 2 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Freshly squeezed juice from 1 ½ Australian lemons 1 clove Australian garlic 2 tbsp unhulled tahini ½ tsp cumin Pinch sea salt Cracked...
Ingredients: 4× 150g veal rib-eye steaks 4 cups cornflakes 100g parmesan, finely grated 1 cup plain flour 1 egg 200ml milk 100g butter 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sunflower oil 12 sage leaves 8 anchovy fillets Bunch of wild rocket, to garnish Salsa 1 large red capsicum 2 ripe...
Ingredients: Ribeye steak Salt Pepper 100g butter, softened 1 orange, zest 1 tsp thyme 50g hazelnuts, roasted 80g Blue cheese Method: Liberally season your steak with salt and pepper and cook to your liking, turning regularly. Rest for half of the cook time. Combine...