BBQ Butter ChickenBen O'Donoghue
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, skin removed, cut into 4 cm dice
- 80g (1⁄3 cup) plain yoghurt
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons Korean fermented chilli paste (gochujang) or chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice salt, to taste
- 400g can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicum (pepper), seeds removed
2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 red chilli, optional
- 250ml (1 cup) cream
- Salt, to taste
- 50g butter
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a food processor and blend well.
- Thoroughly coat the chicken with the mixture and allow to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, to make the butter sauce, combine all the ingredients, except the butter, in a food processor and blend well. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat and when it begins to foam, pour in the sauce mixture and simmer, for 30–40 minutes, until reduced by half, keeping an eye on it so it doesn’t catch.
- Skewer the chicken pieces onto metal skewers and place on a tray. Drizzle with any remaining marinade and cover while heating your barbecue.
- If using charcoal, ensure the coals are well lit and evenly spread, then suspend the skewers over the coals. If using a gas barbecue, cook the skewers over a medium heat, suspended between two house bricks. Cook, turning the skewers frequently to ensure even cooking, for at least 15 minutes to ensure the chicken is cooked through.
- When the chicken is well cooked and charred at the edges, un-skewer the meat into the sauce. Alternatively, coat the skewered meat with the sauce.
- Serve straight away.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...