BBQ Butter ChickenBen O'Donoghue
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, skin removed, cut into 4 cm dice
- 80g (1⁄3 cup) plain yoghurt
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons Korean fermented chilli paste (gochujang) or chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice salt, to taste
- 400g can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicum (pepper), seeds removed
2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 red chilli, optional
- 250ml (1 cup) cream
- Salt, to taste
- 50g butter
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a food processor and blend well.
- Thoroughly coat the chicken with the mixture and allow to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, to make the butter sauce, combine all the ingredients, except the butter, in a food processor and blend well. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat and when it begins to foam, pour in the sauce mixture and simmer, for 30–40 minutes, until reduced by half, keeping an eye on it so it doesn’t catch.
- Skewer the chicken pieces onto metal skewers and place on a tray. Drizzle with any remaining marinade and cover while heating your barbecue.
- If using charcoal, ensure the coals are well lit and evenly spread, then suspend the skewers over the coals. If using a gas barbecue, cook the skewers over a medium heat, suspended between two house bricks. Cook, turning the skewers frequently to ensure even cooking, for at least 15 minutes to ensure the chicken is cooked through.
- When the chicken is well cooked and charred at the edges, un-skewer the meat into the sauce. Alternatively, coat the skewered meat with the sauce.
- Serve straight away.
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...