BBQ'd PrawnsElena Duggan
- 1lge Orange, zest, segments and reserve spent flesh to juice
- 1lge Fennel bulb with fronds, finely sliced
- 1long Red chili, sliced
- 1tsp Fennel seeds
- 1tsp Salt, nutrient dense
- 1lge Spanish/ red onion, half finely sliced, half roughly chopped
- 500g (approx. 4 jumbo green prawns), local to you
- 100g EVOO, reserve 20g for dressing
- In a small food processor blitz the orange zest, then half the fennel fronds, the chilli, fennel seeds, salt ,half the chopped red onion until a rough paste. Drizzle in the olive oil until a loose marinade is just combined.
- To prepare the prawns, cut between the legs and through the flesh to the back of the shell but not through the shell, turn prawn around and split head open continuing along the cut you created. Open the prawns up to butterfly them and remove all intestinal tracts. You may need to use a gentle force to press open the prawns to encourage them to lay flat.
- Preheat your outdoor bbq or indoor griddle pan to a medium high heat.
- Generously coat the prawns back and front in your marinade. You can leave them for 5-10minutes at room temperature or grill straight away.
- To cook the prawns, place the shell side down first and grill until prawn flesh is just opaque to half way up, time will depend on size of prawns, maybe as little as a minute or up to three. Flip prawns to flesh side down and cook for a further 1-3minutes or until flesh is just cooked through, firm, opaque and pink.
- Whilst the prawns are grilling, prepare your presentation plate. Layer fennel fronds and slices, along with orange segments, and rest of sliced onion. Using your hands squeeze out all remaining juice from the spent orange and dress with EVOO. Toss through.
- Once prawns are ready pile them on top of the salad, presenting open flesh to you diner.
- Gluten free
- Grain free, optional
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...