BBQ'd PrawnsElena Duggan
- 1lge Orange, zest, segments and reserve spent flesh to juice
- 1lge Fennel bulb with fronds, finely sliced
- 1long Red chili, sliced
- 1tsp Fennel seeds
- 1tsp Salt, nutrient dense
- 1lge Spanish/ red onion, half finely sliced, half roughly chopped
- 500g (approx. 4 jumbo green prawns), local to you
- 100g EVOO, reserve 20g for dressing
- In a small food processor blitz the orange zest, then half the fennel fronds, the chilli, fennel seeds, salt ,half the chopped red onion until a rough paste. Drizzle in the olive oil until a loose marinade is just combined.
- To prepare the prawns, cut between the legs and through the flesh to the back of the shell but not through the shell, turn prawn around and split head open continuing along the cut you created. Open the prawns up to butterfly them and remove all intestinal tracts. You may need to use a gentle force to press open the prawns to encourage them to lay flat.
- Preheat your outdoor bbq or indoor griddle pan to a medium high heat.
- Generously coat the prawns back and front in your marinade. You can leave them for 5-10minutes at room temperature or grill straight away.
- To cook the prawns, place the shell side down first and grill until prawn flesh is just opaque to half way up, time will depend on size of prawns, maybe as little as a minute or up to three. Flip prawns to flesh side down and cook for a further 1-3minutes or until flesh is just cooked through, firm, opaque and pink.
- Whilst the prawns are grilling, prepare your presentation plate. Layer fennel fronds and slices, along with orange segments, and rest of sliced onion. Using your hands squeeze out all remaining juice from the spent orange and dress with EVOO. Toss through.
- Once prawns are ready pile them on top of the salad, presenting open flesh to you diner.
- Gluten free
- Grain free, optional
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...