BBQ'd PrawnsElena Duggan
- 1lge Orange, zest, segments and reserve spent flesh to juice
- 1lge Fennel bulb with fronds, finely sliced
- 1long Red chili, sliced
- 1tsp Fennel seeds
- 1tsp Salt, nutrient dense
- 1lge Spanish/ red onion, half finely sliced, half roughly chopped
- 500g (approx. 4 jumbo green prawns), local to you
- 100g EVOO, reserve 20g for dressing
- In a small food processor blitz the orange zest, then half the fennel fronds, the chilli, fennel seeds, salt ,half the chopped red onion until a rough paste. Drizzle in the olive oil until a loose marinade is just combined.
- To prepare the prawns, cut between the legs and through the flesh to the back of the shell but not through the shell, turn prawn around and split head open continuing along the cut you created. Open the prawns up to butterfly them and remove all intestinal tracts. You may need to use a gentle force to press open the prawns to encourage them to lay flat.
- Preheat your outdoor bbq or indoor griddle pan to a medium high heat.
- Generously coat the prawns back and front in your marinade. You can leave them for 5-10minutes at room temperature or grill straight away.
- To cook the prawns, place the shell side down first and grill until prawn flesh is just opaque to half way up, time will depend on size of prawns, maybe as little as a minute or up to three. Flip prawns to flesh side down and cook for a further 1-3minutes or until flesh is just cooked through, firm, opaque and pink.
- Whilst the prawns are grilling, prepare your presentation plate. Layer fennel fronds and slices, along with orange segments, and rest of sliced onion. Using your hands squeeze out all remaining juice from the spent orange and dress with EVOO. Toss through.
- Once prawns are ready pile them on top of the salad, presenting open flesh to you diner.
- Gluten free
- Grain free, optional
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...