BBQ'd PrawnsElena Duggan
- 1lge Orange, zest, segments and reserve spent flesh to juice
- 1lge Fennel bulb with fronds, finely sliced
- 1long Red chili, sliced
- 1tsp Fennel seeds
- 1tsp Salt, nutrient dense
- 1lge Spanish/ red onion, half finely sliced, half roughly chopped
- 500g (approx. 4 jumbo green prawns), local to you
- 100g EVOO, reserve 20g for dressing
- In a small food processor blitz the orange zest, then half the fennel fronds, the chilli, fennel seeds, salt ,half the chopped red onion until a rough paste. Drizzle in the olive oil until a loose marinade is just combined.
- To prepare the prawns, cut between the legs and through the flesh to the back of the shell but not through the shell, turn prawn around and split head open continuing along the cut you created. Open the prawns up to butterfly them and remove all intestinal tracts. You may need to use a gentle force to press open the prawns to encourage them to lay flat.
- Preheat your outdoor bbq or indoor griddle pan to a medium high heat.
- Generously coat the prawns back and front in your marinade. You can leave them for 5-10minutes at room temperature or grill straight away.
- To cook the prawns, place the shell side down first and grill until prawn flesh is just opaque to half way up, time will depend on size of prawns, maybe as little as a minute or up to three. Flip prawns to flesh side down and cook for a further 1-3minutes or until flesh is just cooked through, firm, opaque and pink.
- Whilst the prawns are grilling, prepare your presentation plate. Layer fennel fronds and slices, along with orange segments, and rest of sliced onion. Using your hands squeeze out all remaining juice from the spent orange and dress with EVOO. Toss through.
- Once prawns are ready pile them on top of the salad, presenting open flesh to you diner.
- Gluten free
- Grain free, optional
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 1x 2 kg lamb shoulder, easy-carve or shoulder blade removed 12 prunes, pitted 2 large sprigs of rosemary, broken and leaves removed 2 tablespoons olive oil 100 g butter 1 onion, chopped 1 celery heart, chopped 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced 2 fresh or...
Ingredients: Serves 4 8 Moreton Bay bugs 200g thinly sliced dried pancetta 8 bay leaves 4 ripe figs, halved 2 tablespoons olive oil Juice of 1 lemon Method: Prepare your barbecue for direct grilling over a high heat. Prepare the bugs by removing the meat from the...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Teaspoon coconut sugar 6 freshly picked mint leaves Approx 500ml SodaStream Carbonated Water 10-15 assorted fresh berries One lime, halved Ice Method: Start by bringing together the coconut sugar and the mint in a food processor or alternatively...
Ingredients: Serves: 3 2 cup water 3 tbsp Valcom Tom Yum Paste 1 cup button mushrooms, halved 300g chicken fillet, sliced 1⁄4 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk 4 tbsp Valcom Kaffir Lime Leaves 1 stalk coriander coarsely chopped 1 red chilli, cut diagonally Method: Bring...