Beef BiryaniBen O'Donoghue
- 500g beef skirt steak sliced thinly
- 500g Basmati rice
- 50ml of milk
- 1 pinch of fresh saffron
- 50g ginger pureed
- 50g garlic pureed
- 3-4 red chillies pureed (add a little sunflower oil to these to help puree)
- 150g yoghurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- 20g papaya puree
- 100ml Vegetable oil
- 5g cardamom pods crushed
- 5g cinnamon sticks broken
- 5g cloves whole
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 250g sliced onions
- 75g tomato paste
- 1-cup mint leaves
- 1/2-cup coriander leaves
- 3 green chillies
- 20g garam masala
- Combine the marinade ingredients with the sliced skirt steak.
- Shallow fry half the onions until golden and a little crisp, drain and keep aside.
- Soak the milk with the saffron and set aside.
- In a heavy bottom saucepan heat the oil used to cook the onions and add the crushed cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and the bay leaf, then add the onion and fry until slightly golden.
- Add the beef skirt and stir for 10 minutes over a medium to high heat. Mix in the tomato paste and the marinade and simmer on a low heat for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Wash and drain the rice then boil the rice until 2/3 cooked. Drain and arrange it on top of the sauce, alternating layers with the fried onion and chopped mint and coriander.
- Pour the saffron milk over the top and cover with a tight fitting lid in a medium oven 170 degrees for 20 minutes
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...