Beef BiryaniBen O'Donoghue
- 500g beef skirt steak sliced thinly
- 500g Basmati rice
- 50ml of milk
- 1 pinch of fresh saffron
- 50g ginger pureed
- 50g garlic pureed
- 3-4 red chillies pureed (add a little sunflower oil to these to help puree)
- 150g yoghurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- 20g papaya puree
- 100ml Vegetable oil
- 5g cardamom pods crushed
- 5g cinnamon sticks broken
- 5g cloves whole
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 250g sliced onions
- 75g tomato paste
- 1-cup mint leaves
- 1/2-cup coriander leaves
- 3 green chillies
- 20g garam masala
- Combine the marinade ingredients with the sliced skirt steak.
- Shallow fry half the onions until golden and a little crisp, drain and keep aside.
- Soak the milk with the saffron and set aside.
- In a heavy bottom saucepan heat the oil used to cook the onions and add the crushed cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and the bay leaf, then add the onion and fry until slightly golden.
- Add the beef skirt and stir for 10 minutes over a medium to high heat. Mix in the tomato paste and the marinade and simmer on a low heat for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Wash and drain the rice then boil the rice until 2/3 cooked. Drain and arrange it on top of the sauce, alternating layers with the fried onion and chopped mint and coriander.
- Pour the saffron milk over the top and cover with a tight fitting lid in a medium oven 170 degrees for 20 minutes
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...