Beef TatakiBen O'Donoghue
- 200g beef fillet
- 5 cloves of garlic, sliced on a mandolin
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups of vegetable oil
- ½ white onion, sliced
- 1tbsp chopped spring onions
- 1 tbsp Ponzu sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic and onion oil (from frying)
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- ½ radish, minced
- 1 tsp grated white onion
- Place milk into a pot and bring to almost boiling. Place sliced garlic into a pot for a few minutes, then drain on a paper towel.
- Lightly season the beef, then sear the outside of the beef.
- In a pot, heat vegetable oil and fry garlic slices until blonde and golden and strain.
- Repeat the process with onion.
- For the dressing, combine all the ingredients.
- To plate, cut thin slices of your beef fillet then using the flat surface of the knife squish the beef to thin out. Arrange on the plate and top with fried onions, fried garlic.
- Drizzle the dressing and top with fresh chopped spring onions.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...