Beef TatakiBen O'Donoghue
- 200g beef fillet
- 5 cloves of garlic, sliced on a mandolin
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups of vegetable oil
- ½ white onion, sliced
- 1tbsp chopped spring onions
- 1 tbsp Ponzu sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic and onion oil (from frying)
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- ½ radish, minced
- 1 tsp grated white onion
- Place milk into a pot and bring to almost boiling. Place sliced garlic into a pot for a few minutes, then drain on a paper towel.
- Lightly season the beef, then sear the outside of the beef.
- In a pot, heat vegetable oil and fry garlic slices until blonde and golden and strain.
- Repeat the process with onion.
- For the dressing, combine all the ingredients.
- To plate, cut thin slices of your beef fillet then using the flat surface of the knife squish the beef to thin out. Arrange on the plate and top with fried onions, fried garlic.
- Drizzle the dressing and top with fresh chopped spring onions.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...