Beef TatakiBen O'Donoghue
- 200g beef fillet
- 5 cloves of garlic, sliced on a mandolin
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups of vegetable oil
- ½ white onion, sliced
- 1tbsp chopped spring onions
- 1 tbsp Ponzu sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic and onion oil (from frying)
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- ½ radish, minced
- 1 tsp grated white onion
- Place milk into a pot and bring to almost boiling. Place sliced garlic into a pot for a few minutes, then drain on a paper towel.
- Lightly season the beef, then sear the outside of the beef.
- In a pot, heat vegetable oil and fry garlic slices until blonde and golden and strain.
- Repeat the process with onion.
- For the dressing, combine all the ingredients.
- To plate, cut thin slices of your beef fillet then using the flat surface of the knife squish the beef to thin out. Arrange on the plate and top with fried onions, fried garlic.
- Drizzle the dressing and top with fresh chopped spring onions.
Ingredients: 2 heads broccoli 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 head garlic, unpeeled 4 cups (1L) chicken or vegetable stock 120g baby spinach leaves 125g sour cream, plus extra to serve Chilli flakes & herbs, such as basil,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations Ingredients: 2 pieces Shimeji mushroom (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Red capsicum (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Zucchini (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Eggplant (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Sweet potato...
Ingredients: 30ml Vegetable oil 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 3 small red onions, 1 sliced, 2 roughly chopped 1 Red Scotch bonnet, finely chopped 100g Tomato paste 2 Tsp curry powder 1 Tsp Thyme, Fresh preferably but dried will also work 2 Bay leaves 1lt Chicken...
Ingredients:For pastry: 225g Plain Flour 100g Butter, unsalted (Make sure it’s really cold!) 4 Tbsp water, chilled For Filling: 250ml Cream 2 Large Eggs 200g Gaunchalie (or bacon) 1 Brown Onion, diced 100g Heritage baby tomatoes (halved) 125g Gruyère cheese 50g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray Ingredients: 400g Venison Loin 1 Carrot chopped 1 Brown onion, diced 1 Bay Leaf 2 Sprigs Rosemary 1 Bulb Garlic 1 Glass Red wine 1 Tbsp Tomato paste 700ml Beef Stock 100g Dark chocolate ...
Ingredients: 100g self raising flour 1 egg 3 tbs sour cream 2 tins corn ½ bunch coriander 1 bunch spring onions 2 avocados 1 shallot 1 long red chilli 2 limes Method: n a mixing bowl, combine your egg, the tinned corn, ½ a shallot, sour cream and flour together,...