Cauliflower SoupBen O'Donoghue
- 1 cauliflower cut into florets
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 500ml cream
- Chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 large onion halved and sliced
- 50gm butter or 2tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices of sourdough bread or similar
- 100g cheddar cheese
- 50g parmesan cheese
- Ground white pepper
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. Place them into a large pot with the garlic. And add the cream to just cover if there is not enough cream top up with Stock.
- Place some scrunched up wet baking paper over the top of the cauliflower then place a lid on the pot and bring to a simmer. Cook covered until they are soft.
- Place the cauliflower and liquid into a blender and puree until smooth. You may need to do this in batches. Season with salt and white pepper. Keep warm in the pot.
- In a fry pan heat your butter or olive oil and add the onions and sauté until sort and caramelised.
- Toast your sourdough and then drizzle with olive oil and then add the onion on top then grate the cheese over the top. Place under a grill to melt the cheese
- Divide the soup between your bowls then place the grilled onion and cheesy toast on top, drizzle with olive oil and grate with parmesan cheese
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...