Cauliflower SoupBen O'Donoghue
- 1 cauliflower cut into florets
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 500ml cream
- Chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 large onion halved and sliced
- 50gm butter or 2tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices of sourdough bread or similar
- 100g cheddar cheese
- 50g parmesan cheese
- Ground white pepper
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. Place them into a large pot with the garlic. And add the cream to just cover if there is not enough cream top up with Stock.
- Place some scrunched up wet baking paper over the top of the cauliflower then place a lid on the pot and bring to a simmer. Cook covered until they are soft.
- Place the cauliflower and liquid into a blender and puree until smooth. You may need to do this in batches. Season with salt and white pepper. Keep warm in the pot.
- In a fry pan heat your butter or olive oil and add the onions and sauté until sort and caramelised.
- Toast your sourdough and then drizzle with olive oil and then add the onion on top then grate the cheese over the top. Place under a grill to melt the cheese
- Divide the soup between your bowls then place the grilled onion and cheesy toast on top, drizzle with olive oil and grate with parmesan cheese
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...