Cauliflower SoupBen O'Donoghue
- 1 cauliflower cut into florets
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 500ml cream
- Chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 large onion halved and sliced
- 50gm butter or 2tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices of sourdough bread or similar
- 100g cheddar cheese
- 50g parmesan cheese
- Ground white pepper
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. Place them into a large pot with the garlic. And add the cream to just cover if there is not enough cream top up with Stock.
- Place some scrunched up wet baking paper over the top of the cauliflower then place a lid on the pot and bring to a simmer. Cook covered until they are soft.
- Place the cauliflower and liquid into a blender and puree until smooth. You may need to do this in batches. Season with salt and white pepper. Keep warm in the pot.
- In a fry pan heat your butter or olive oil and add the onions and sauté until sort and caramelised.
- Toast your sourdough and then drizzle with olive oil and then add the onion on top then grate the cheese over the top. Place under a grill to melt the cheese
- Divide the soup between your bowls then place the grilled onion and cheesy toast on top, drizzle with olive oil and grate with parmesan cheese
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...