Black Pepper Chicken CurryBen O'Donoghue
- Green chillies long and short, 3 or 4 of each, deseeded (depending on how hot you like it)
- 1kg chicken drumsticks and thighs
- Garlic 8 cloves, crushed
- 50ml juice
- Turmeric 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tbsp
- 2 Onions
- 2 tbsp Crushed coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp Cracked black pepper
- 2 sprigs Curry leaves
- 2 tbsp Fresh coriander (leaves only)
- Purée the deseeded chillies in a blender or food processor – add a bit of water or oil if they won’t whizz up properly.
- Puréeing will bring out the maximum heat so don’t breathe in as you take the lid off! Put the chicken in a bowl and chuck in the garlic, chilli, lemon juice and turmeric. Squish it through the chicken with your hands to coat, then leave it to sit while you do the next bit.
- Fry the cumin seeds in a little oil for a few seconds, then tip in the onion and fry gently until soft. Stir in the crushed coriander, then add the black pepper and curry leaves.
- Add the chicken pieces to the pan and coat thoroughly. Cook for 40 minutes on a low heat, turning the pieces occasionally until they are browned and cooked through.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...