Black Pepper Chicken CurryBen O'Donoghue
- Green chillies long and short, 3 or 4 of each, deseeded (depending on how hot you like it)
- 1kg chicken drumsticks and thighs
- Garlic 8 cloves, crushed
- 50ml juice
- Turmeric 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tbsp
- 2 Onions
- 2 tbsp Crushed coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp Cracked black pepper
- 2 sprigs Curry leaves
- 2 tbsp Fresh coriander (leaves only)
- Purée the deseeded chillies in a blender or food processor – add a bit of water or oil if they won’t whizz up properly.
- Puréeing will bring out the maximum heat so don’t breathe in as you take the lid off! Put the chicken in a bowl and chuck in the garlic, chilli, lemon juice and turmeric. Squish it through the chicken with your hands to coat, then leave it to sit while you do the next bit.
- Fry the cumin seeds in a little oil for a few seconds, then tip in the onion and fry gently until soft. Stir in the crushed coriander, then add the black pepper and curry leaves.
- Add the chicken pieces to the pan and coat thoroughly. Cook for 40 minutes on a low heat, turning the pieces occasionally until they are browned and cooked through.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...