Bloody Mary Lamb BruschettaBen O'Donoghue
- 1x 2 kg lamb shoulder, easy-carve or shoulder blade removed
- 12 prunes, pitted
- 2 large sprigs of rosemary, broken and leaves removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery heart, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh or dried bay leaves
- 2x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 150 ml vodka
- 2 cups chicken stock or beef stock
- 1 loaf sourdough
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Make incisions in the lamb shoulder with a small knife and stuff with the prunes and rosemary. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat, and sear the shoulder on all sides. Set aside to rest.
- Clean the pan and melt the butter. Add the onion and celery and cook over medium heat to soften. Add the garlic and bay leaves, followed by the tomatoes, paprika and vodka. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Place the seared leg of lamb in the pan so you have a snug fit, then add the stock. Cover with a loosely fitted piece of baking paper. Place in the oven and cook for 2.5 – 3 hours, until the meat is well cooked and the sauce is thick.
- Cut thick slices of sourdough and grill in a ridged pan on both sides. Rub with a clove of garlic and drizzle with good olive oil.
- Allow the lamb to rest for at least 30 minutes, then break into chunks and arrange over the toast.
- Chop the remaining clove of garlic, then dress the lamb with some sauce, parsley, lemon zest, chopped garlic, salt and pepper.
Ingredients: 2 heads broccoli 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 head garlic, unpeeled 4 cups (1L) chicken or vegetable stock 120g baby spinach leaves 125g sour cream, plus extra to serve Chilli flakes & herbs, such as basil,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations Ingredients: 2 pieces Shimeji mushroom (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Red capsicum (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Zucchini (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Eggplant (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Sweet potato...
Ingredients: 30ml Vegetable oil 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 3 small red onions, 1 sliced, 2 roughly chopped 1 Red Scotch bonnet, finely chopped 100g Tomato paste 2 Tsp curry powder 1 Tsp Thyme, Fresh preferably but dried will also work 2 Bay leaves 1lt Chicken...
Ingredients:For pastry: 225g Plain Flour 100g Butter, unsalted (Make sure it’s really cold!) 4 Tbsp water, chilled For Filling: 250ml Cream 2 Large Eggs 200g Gaunchalie (or bacon) 1 Brown Onion, diced 100g Heritage baby tomatoes (halved) 125g Gruyère cheese 50g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray Ingredients: 400g Venison Loin 1 Carrot chopped 1 Brown onion, diced 1 Bay Leaf 2 Sprigs Rosemary 1 Bulb Garlic 1 Glass Red wine 1 Tbsp Tomato paste 700ml Beef Stock 100g Dark chocolate ...
Ingredients: 100g self raising flour 1 egg 3 tbs sour cream 2 tins corn ½ bunch coriander 1 bunch spring onions 2 avocados 1 shallot 1 long red chilli 2 limes Method: n a mixing bowl, combine your egg, the tinned corn, ½ a shallot, sour cream and flour together,...