Bloody Mary Lamb BruschettaBen O'Donoghue
- 1x 2 kg lamb shoulder, easy-carve or shoulder blade removed
- 12 prunes, pitted
- 2 large sprigs of rosemary, broken and leaves removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery heart, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh or dried bay leaves
- 2x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 150 ml vodka
- 2 cups chicken stock or beef stock
- 1 loaf sourdough
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Make incisions in the lamb shoulder with a small knife and stuff with the prunes and rosemary. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat, and sear the shoulder on all sides. Set aside to rest.
- Clean the pan and melt the butter. Add the onion and celery and cook over medium heat to soften. Add the garlic and bay leaves, followed by the tomatoes, paprika and vodka. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Place the seared leg of lamb in the pan so you have a snug fit, then add the stock. Cover with a loosely fitted piece of baking paper. Place in the oven and cook for 2.5 – 3 hours, until the meat is well cooked and the sauce is thick.
- Cut thick slices of sourdough and grill in a ridged pan on both sides. Rub with a clove of garlic and drizzle with good olive oil.
- Allow the lamb to rest for at least 30 minutes, then break into chunks and arrange over the toast.
- Chop the remaining clove of garlic, then dress the lamb with some sauce, parsley, lemon zest, chopped garlic, salt and pepper.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...