Boston Baked BeansBen O'Donoghue
- 500g of Borlotti Beans
- 250gm pancetta cut into cubes
- 1 brown onion diced
- 150gm molasses
- 1½ tbsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp. Hot English mustard
- 500gm tomato ketchup
- 75 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 100gm soft brown sugar
- 1 whole tomato
- 1 bay leaf
- Place the beans in a large pot and cover with about 4lt of cold water
- Put the whole tomato, bay leaf and olive oil into the pot and cover with a lid. Bring to the boil and simmer until the beans are plump and soft. If the water level gets low so the beans are uncovered add more boiling water so they are well covered
- While the beans cook preheat your oven 160 degrees
- In a separate pot or bowl combine the diced onion, pancetta, Mustard, pepper, ketchup, molasses, Worcestershire sauce and sugar
- Once the beans are soft and fully cooked, drain off any excess liquid. (Keep the excess liquid) so that the beans are only just covered. Stir in the sauce, onion and pancetta mixture and combine well.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish or leave in the pot and cover with a tight lid or foil
- Place in the preheated oven and cook for two hours. Remove from the oven and if needed add a little of the reserved water bake into the beans if they are to dry
- Season to taste.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...