Breaded Squid, Herb SaladMike Reid
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 75g plain flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 medium squid, cleaned, quills and beaks removed, sliced into 0.5cm / ½ inch rings
- 2 free-range eggs, beaten
- 75g Japanese panko breadcrumbs
- Assortment of fresh herbs, chervil, parsley, coriander, mint, chive flowers
- 50ml Early Harvest Olive Oil
- 3 lemons, cut in half,
- 2 free-range egg yolks
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 200ml rapeseed oil or light olive oil
- For the roasted lemon mayonnaise, heat a griddle pan until hot and griddle the lemon halves, cut-side down, for one minute.
- Blend the egg yolks, vinegar and mustard into a food processor, then squeeze in the juice from one of the charred lemons and blend until well combined. While the motor is running, gradually add the oil. Continue until all the oil has been added and the mayonnaise has thickened. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the squid, dredge in flour, then egg and breadcrumbs. Fry until golden, only a few minutes to not overcook the squid. Drain on a paper towel.
- Dress the herbs in olive oil and serve alongside squid and mayonnaise
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...