Broccoli and Paneer CurryMike Reid
- 1 tbsp ghee, for frying
- 800g broccoli, cut into florets
- 225g paneer, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4cm ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 500g broad-leaf spinach, tough stalks removed
- 200g natural yoghurt
- Heat a heavy-bottomed saucepan over a medium heat and pour in a teaspoon of the oil. Add the broccoli and sauté for 15–20 minutes, or until golden. Take your time and don’t stir too much or you will create steam, which will hinder the colouring. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Add another teaspoon of oil to the pan and fry the paneer until browned. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Pour another teaspoon of oil into the pan and add the onion, ginger and garlic. Reduce the heat to medium-low and fry, stirring from time to time, for 10–15 minutes, or until softened. Add the curry powder and turmeric and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Return the broccoli to the pan and add 200ml/7floz water. Simmer for 2 minutes, or until tender. Add the paneer, then the spinach, and stir just until wilted.
- Season with salt and serve with some dollops of yoghurt.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc Semillon blend.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...