Broccoli and Paneer CurryMike Reid
- 1 tbsp ghee, for frying
- 800g broccoli, cut into florets
- 225g paneer, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4cm ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 500g broad-leaf spinach, tough stalks removed
- 200g natural yoghurt
- Heat a heavy-bottomed saucepan over a medium heat and pour in a teaspoon of the oil. Add the broccoli and sauté for 15–20 minutes, or until golden. Take your time and don’t stir too much or you will create steam, which will hinder the colouring. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Add another teaspoon of oil to the pan and fry the paneer until browned. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Pour another teaspoon of oil into the pan and add the onion, ginger and garlic. Reduce the heat to medium-low and fry, stirring from time to time, for 10–15 minutes, or until softened. Add the curry powder and turmeric and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Return the broccoli to the pan and add 200ml/7floz water. Simmer for 2 minutes, or until tender. Add the paneer, then the spinach, and stir just until wilted.
- Season with salt and serve with some dollops of yoghurt.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc Semillon blend.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...