Broccolini & Italian Sausage OrecchietteLaura Sharrad
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh
- 500g orecchiette
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ long red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Nduja (spicy or mild)
- 2 Italian Sausages, removed from casing
- 1 bunch Perfection Fresh Broccolini, roughly chopped
- Parmesan, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fill a large pot with salted water and bring to the boil. Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan and sauté onion, garlic, chilli and nduja for about 2-3 minutes until softened. Add Italian sausage into the pan, breaking it into little pieces, then continue cooking until starting to caramelise.
- Deglaze pan with ½ cup of the pasta cooking water, then add pasta to the large pot and cook for 10 minutes until al dente. Add broccolini to the pan and toss to combine. Reduce heat to low.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and add to the frying pan with an extra ½ cup cooking water. Toss through the sauce to emulsify.
- Grate in parmesan cheese to help emulsify, season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.