Buckwheat PancakesSimone Austin
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 200ml Glucerna liquid
- ½ cup water1 large egg
- Butter, for the pan
- Fresh sliced fruit to top the pancake e.g. strawberries, blueberries, kiwifruit, banana
- Yoghurt, for topping the pancakes
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl beat the egg and mix in the Glucerna liquid.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. The batter may have some small to medium lumps.
- Preheat the pan over medium-low heat and brush with 1 teaspoon of butter. Give the batter a light swirl with a spoon in case the buckwheat is starting to separate from the liquid. Scoop ¼ of the batter into the warm pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until small bubbles form on the surface of the pancake and flip. Cook on the opposite sides for 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Transfer the cooked pancake to a plate and top with fresh fruit and yoghurt.
For more details on Glucerna, go to glucerna.com.au
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...