Buckwheat PancakesSimone Austin
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 200ml Glucerna liquid
- ½ cup water1 large egg
- Butter, for the pan
- Fresh sliced fruit to top the pancake e.g. strawberries, blueberries, kiwifruit, banana
- Yoghurt, for topping the pancakes
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl beat the egg and mix in the Glucerna liquid.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. The batter may have some small to medium lumps.
- Preheat the pan over medium-low heat and brush with 1 teaspoon of butter. Give the batter a light swirl with a spoon in case the buckwheat is starting to separate from the liquid. Scoop ¼ of the batter into the warm pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until small bubbles form on the surface of the pancake and flip. Cook on the opposite sides for 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Transfer the cooked pancake to a plate and top with fresh fruit and yoghurt.
For more details on Glucerna, go to glucerna.com.au
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...