Butter ChickenSimone Austin
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1kg chicken thigh fillets
- 1 brown onion
- 6 tablespoons of butter chicken paste
- 1 cup of water
- 400gm green fresh beans
- ½ punnet yellow cherry tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 scoops Ensure vanilla powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Cut the chicken thigh fillets into cubes
- Dice one brown onion finely
- Tail the green beans if needed
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil to a pan and heat. Fry the onion and chicken until lightly browned.
- Add the tomato and butter chicken paste and stir through
- Add 1 cup or so of water. Add the green beans and tomatoes and simmer for around 20minutes until cooked through.
- In a cup mix 6 scoops of Ensure Vanilla powder with 3 tablespoons of milk to form a runny paste.
- When the chicken is cooked through stir in the Ensure Vanilla powder mixture. Simmer on low for 5 minutes and then serve with cooked rice and freshly steamed broccoli or other greens on the side.
For more details on Ensure, go to ensure.com.au
- This dish is an easy one to make in advance and to freeze for later. You can add in extra vegetables and swap out some meat if you like.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...