Butter ChickenSimone Austin
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1kg chicken thigh fillets
- 1 brown onion
- 6 tablespoons of butter chicken paste
- 1 cup of water
- 400gm green fresh beans
- ½ punnet yellow cherry tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 scoops Ensure vanilla powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Cut the chicken thigh fillets into cubes
- Dice one brown onion finely
- Tail the green beans if needed
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil to a pan and heat. Fry the onion and chicken until lightly browned.
- Add the tomato and butter chicken paste and stir through
- Add 1 cup or so of water. Add the green beans and tomatoes and simmer for around 20minutes until cooked through.
- In a cup mix 6 scoops of Ensure Vanilla powder with 3 tablespoons of milk to form a runny paste.
- When the chicken is cooked through stir in the Ensure Vanilla powder mixture. Simmer on low for 5 minutes and then serve with cooked rice and freshly steamed broccoli or other greens on the side.
For more details on Ensure, go to ensure.com.au
- This dish is an easy one to make in advance and to freeze for later. You can add in extra vegetables and swap out some meat if you like.
Ingredients: 100g glass noodles (bean thread vermicelli) 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced using a vegetable peeler 4 spring onions, thinly sliced on diagonal 2 eschalots, thinly sliced 1 cup coriander sprigs 1 cup flat-leaf parsley sprigs 1-2 small red chillies,...
Ingredients: 320g semolina plus a little extra 40g greens such as spinach or Tuscan kale Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sea salt and cracked pepper Pesto 1 garlic clove, peeled 20g pine nuts 50g wild rocket 25g parmesan plus a little extra Juice of 1 lemon Method: To make the...
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...