Butter ChickenSimone Austin
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1kg chicken thigh fillets
- 1 brown onion
- 6 tablespoons of butter chicken paste
- 1 cup of water
- 400gm green fresh beans
- ½ punnet yellow cherry tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 scoops Ensure vanilla powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Cut the chicken thigh fillets into cubes
- Dice one brown onion finely
- Tail the green beans if needed
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil to a pan and heat. Fry the onion and chicken until lightly browned.
- Add the tomato and butter chicken paste and stir through
- Add 1 cup or so of water. Add the green beans and tomatoes and simmer for around 20minutes until cooked through.
- In a cup mix 6 scoops of Ensure Vanilla powder with 3 tablespoons of milk to form a runny paste.
- When the chicken is cooked through stir in the Ensure Vanilla powder mixture. Simmer on low for 5 minutes and then serve with cooked rice and freshly steamed broccoli or other greens on the side.
For more details on Ensure, go to ensure.com.au
- This dish is an easy one to make in advance and to freeze for later. You can add in extra vegetables and swap out some meat if you like.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...