Butter ChickenSimone Austin
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1kg chicken thigh fillets
- 1 brown onion
- 6 tablespoons of butter chicken paste
- 1 cup of water
- 400gm green fresh beans
- ½ punnet yellow cherry tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 scoops Ensure vanilla powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Cut the chicken thigh fillets into cubes
- Dice one brown onion finely
- Tail the green beans if needed
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil to a pan and heat. Fry the onion and chicken until lightly browned.
- Add the tomato and butter chicken paste and stir through
- Add 1 cup or so of water. Add the green beans and tomatoes and simmer for around 20minutes until cooked through.
- In a cup mix 6 scoops of Ensure Vanilla powder with 3 tablespoons of milk to form a runny paste.
- When the chicken is cooked through stir in the Ensure Vanilla powder mixture. Simmer on low for 5 minutes and then serve with cooked rice and freshly steamed broccoli or other greens on the side.
For more details on Ensure, go to ensure.com.au
- This dish is an easy one to make in advance and to freeze for later. You can add in extra vegetables and swap out some meat if you like.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...