Butterflied Spiced Chicken & SlawLaura Sharrad & David Mann
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Supreme Caravans
- 1 x whole chicken, butterflied
- Paprika, chilli flakes, chilli powder, turmeric, ginger, clove, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cabbage
- 1 granny smith apple (optional)
- Kewpie mayo
- Lemon Juice
- ½ bunch parsley
- Sliced spring onions (leave some for garnish)
- Heat up your grill/ BBQ.
- In a mixing bowl add in all of your spices with a splash of olive oil and then combine till it forms a paste.
- Now lightly coat your chicken in olive oil, then baste with your array of spices before placing the chicken skin side down on the bbq. Once it’s skin side down on the bbq, baste the underside of the chook with more oil and the spice paste.
- The chicken will take about the 30 mins to cook and it’ll cook almost entirely on the on the skin side.
- While the chicken is grilling it’s time to make the slaw. Take your cabbage and cut it against the grain, avoiding the core, this should leave you with perfect ribbons.
- Add the cabbage, spring onions and apple to a mixing bowl with the salt & pepper, kewpie and lemon juice and stir well to combine.
- Once the chicken is cooked, take it off the grill and rest it before carving it up.
- Place a bed of slaw on a plate and then lay the chicken on top, it’s then ready to enjoy.