- 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely
- 500g ricotta
- 1 egg
- 50g grated parmigiano cheese
- Sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/3 nutmeg grated
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch basil leaves, picked
- Sea salt flakes
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- In a frypan, fry off the silverbeet in a few tablespoons of olive oil until tender and cooked down. Allow to cool & then add to a mixing bowl with the ricotta, parmiggiano, salt, egg, pepper and nutmeg and mix well to combine.
- Place the mixture into a piping bag or zip lock bag with a nozzle for the easiest way to fill the cannelloni, otherwise two small tea spoons will suffice. Set aside.
- In a small pot, heat 3 tbs of extra virgin olive oil, adding in the onion, garlic, chilli and basil and begin to fry off until soft and translucent, then add in the tomatoes, and simmer away on a medium heat for about 20 minutes until thick and reduced & the oil is almost split out of the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the cannelloni so they are filled to the brim. Place half the sugo on the bottom of your baking tray, lay the cannelloni flat and cover with the remaining sugo.
- Pour the béchamel over the top and grate some extra parmigiano cheese onto. Bake in a preheated oven for 30-35 minutes at 180c, covered with foil.
- Remove the foil for the last 5 minutes to get a bit of colour. Allow the cannelloni to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Grigio.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...