- 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely
- 500g ricotta
- 1 egg
- 50g grated parmigiano cheese
- Sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/3 nutmeg grated
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch basil leaves, picked
- Sea salt flakes
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- In a frypan, fry off the silverbeet in a few tablespoons of olive oil until tender and cooked down. Allow to cool & then add to a mixing bowl with the ricotta, parmiggiano, salt, egg, pepper and nutmeg and mix well to combine.
- Place the mixture into a piping bag or zip lock bag with a nozzle for the easiest way to fill the cannelloni, otherwise two small tea spoons will suffice. Set aside.
- In a small pot, heat 3 tbs of extra virgin olive oil, adding in the onion, garlic, chilli and basil and begin to fry off until soft and translucent, then add in the tomatoes, and simmer away on a medium heat for about 20 minutes until thick and reduced & the oil is almost split out of the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the cannelloni so they are filled to the brim. Place half the sugo on the bottom of your baking tray, lay the cannelloni flat and cover with the remaining sugo.
- Pour the béchamel over the top and grate some extra parmigiano cheese onto. Bake in a preheated oven for 30-35 minutes at 180c, covered with foil.
- Remove the foil for the last 5 minutes to get a bit of colour. Allow the cannelloni to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Grigio.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...