- 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely
- 500g ricotta
- 1 egg
- 50g grated parmigiano cheese
- Sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/3 nutmeg grated
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch basil leaves, picked
- Sea salt flakes
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- In a frypan, fry off the silverbeet in a few tablespoons of olive oil until tender and cooked down. Allow to cool & then add to a mixing bowl with the ricotta, parmiggiano, salt, egg, pepper and nutmeg and mix well to combine.
- Place the mixture into a piping bag or zip lock bag with a nozzle for the easiest way to fill the cannelloni, otherwise two small tea spoons will suffice. Set aside.
- In a small pot, heat 3 tbs of extra virgin olive oil, adding in the onion, garlic, chilli and basil and begin to fry off until soft and translucent, then add in the tomatoes, and simmer away on a medium heat for about 20 minutes until thick and reduced & the oil is almost split out of the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the cannelloni so they are filled to the brim. Place half the sugo on the bottom of your baking tray, lay the cannelloni flat and cover with the remaining sugo.
- Pour the béchamel over the top and grate some extra parmigiano cheese onto. Bake in a preheated oven for 30-35 minutes at 180c, covered with foil.
- Remove the foil for the last 5 minutes to get a bit of colour. Allow the cannelloni to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Grigio.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...