Caribbean Oxtail Curry
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel
- 1k Oxtails
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp veg oil
- 1 tin of diced tomato
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 15g ginger, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, whole
- 1 tsp allspice
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 ltr beef stock (we use Massel)
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Black-eyed peas
- Heat your cassoulet dish over a medium heat. Add your sunflower oil before your oxtail. Ensure to brown off on all sides before removing from the pan.
- Add your onions, garlic, ginger and cook until translucent.
- Now add your curry powder, all spice, thyme and cook out for about 2 minutes.
- Add your tomato paste and brown off. Now add your oxtail back to the pan and cover beef stock. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer and slowly cook for about 4 hours.
- When it’s about ready to come off, season to taste.
- Enjoy with some rice and peas.