Cauliflower & Brussel SproutsKhanh Ong
- 1 head Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 6 brussell sprouts, halved
- salt to taste
- To make Lebanese Gremolata:
- 1 bunch Coriander, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 red birdseye chilli, finely chopped
- 1/4 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 medium clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3-4 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Tahini
- 1/2 cup Greek style yoghurt (or soy yoghurt for vegan version)
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/3-1/2 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- Dry toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Heat canola/vegetable/rice bran oil in a fryer to 170 degrees. Fry cauliflower and brussel sprouts in batches until golden brown. remove from oil and drain on paper towel. Set aside until needed.
- Meanwhile, to make gremolata, mix all the ingredients together. Adjust seasoning as required.
- To make tahini sauce, mix all ingredients together except the water. once well combined, add water a little at a time until desired consistency is achieved. You want a thick sauce that is smooth on the palate.
- To assemble, cauliflower and brussel sprouts, start with the sauce at the base, add the cauliflower and brussel sprouts in the middle in a pile. Sprinkle with gremolata and toasted pine nuts (optional).
Ingredients: 500g dried chickpeas, soaked in cold water overnight 1-2 sticks of celery, finely chopped 1 large onion, chopped 150ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for serving Juice of 1 lemon, or more if needed 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped A sprinkling...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 1 small onion, chopped 2 garlic cloves, chopped 1 cup chopped carrot 10 habanero or carolina reaper chillies 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) lime juice 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) white vinegar 1 teaspoon English mustard 1 teaspoon salt 250 ml...
Ingredients: Makes 6 - 8 large muffins depending on amount of filling 500gm flour 500ml milk 2 eggs 20gm Baking powder 1 cup veg oil Equipment 1 x Large 6 Muffin tray Baking paper cut into 15x15cm square and cut from point ¾ into the center to make a windmill kind of...
Ingredients: 2 tbsp olive oil 1kg potatoes, cubes 1 onion, diced 2 sticks celery, sliced 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped 1 butternut pumpkin (1.5-2kg), cubed 3 saffron threads Pinch of salt and pepper Sprig of Rosemary 1.5 litres chicken stock 1 carrot, chopped...
Ingredients: Serves 2 1 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil 1 Australian red onion Small bunch Australian spring onions Small bunch Australian Kale 1 Australian red capsicum 1 clove Australian garlic ½ tsp cumin 1 tsp paprika Pinch cayenne pepper (optional) 1 tin...
Ingredients: 8 chicken thigh skin on Brine 500ml butter milk 1 onion 2 cloves garlic 1tbsp salt 1tsp cracked black pepper Dressing 1 cup Sour cream 1 cup Buttermilk 2 tbsp chopped Chives 1 tbsp Dijon mustard 1 tbsp Honey 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar 1 cup Extra Virgin...