Cauliflower & Brussel SproutsKhanh Ong
- 1 head Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 6 brussell sprouts, halved
- salt to taste
- To make Lebanese Gremolata:
- 1 bunch Coriander, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 red birdseye chilli, finely chopped
- 1/4 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 medium clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3-4 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Tahini
- 1/2 cup Greek style yoghurt (or soy yoghurt for vegan version)
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/3-1/2 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- Dry toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Heat canola/vegetable/rice bran oil in a fryer to 170 degrees. Fry cauliflower and brussel sprouts in batches until golden brown. remove from oil and drain on paper towel. Set aside until needed.
- Meanwhile, to make gremolata, mix all the ingredients together. Adjust seasoning as required.
- To make tahini sauce, mix all ingredients together except the water. once well combined, add water a little at a time until desired consistency is achieved. You want a thick sauce that is smooth on the palate.
- To assemble, cauliflower and brussel sprouts, start with the sauce at the base, add the cauliflower and brussel sprouts in the middle in a pile. Sprinkle with gremolata and toasted pine nuts (optional).
Ingredients: 2 cup caster sugar 2 cups soy sauce 1 cup shao-hsing wine 3L water 2 inch piece ginger 8 cloves garlic 6 spring onions, 5cm batons 8 star anise 8 coriander seeds 4 cinnamon quills 4 cloves 2 pork trotters Method: Place an even layer of sugar in a large...
Ingredients: 2 cups of black-eyed beans 1 bunch of English spinach (or baby spinach, if preferred), Roughly chopped and thoroughly washed 6 spring onions, finely chopped 1 onion, sliced 1/2 cup of olive oil 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1 lemon a few sprigs of...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes and Big4 Holiday Parks Assortment of Sausages 100ml Mayonnaise ½ bulb of roasted black garlic ½ lemon juiced Long metal skewers Method: Grill your sausages on your bbq until...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian InspirationsSalmon: 200g Fresh Australian salmon, skin on, pin bones removed 50ml Vegetable oil Miso Glaze: 50g White miso paste 50ml Obento Mirin Seasoning 50g Sugar Togarashi Crackers: 1 each...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 brown onion, finely grated 2 cloves garlic, finely grated 1g saffron threads 400g Arborio Rice ½ cup dry white wine 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock 50g unsalted butter 125g parmesan, finely grated Method:...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...