Cauliflower & Brussel SproutsKhanh Ong
- 1 head Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 6 brussell sprouts, halved
- salt to taste
- To make Lebanese Gremolata:
- 1 bunch Coriander, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 red birdseye chilli, finely chopped
- 1/4 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 medium clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3-4 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Tahini
- 1/2 cup Greek style yoghurt (or soy yoghurt for vegan version)
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/3-1/2 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- Dry toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Heat canola/vegetable/rice bran oil in a fryer to 170 degrees. Fry cauliflower and brussel sprouts in batches until golden brown. remove from oil and drain on paper towel. Set aside until needed.
- Meanwhile, to make gremolata, mix all the ingredients together. Adjust seasoning as required.
- To make tahini sauce, mix all ingredients together except the water. once well combined, add water a little at a time until desired consistency is achieved. You want a thick sauce that is smooth on the palate.
- To assemble, cauliflower and brussel sprouts, start with the sauce at the base, add the cauliflower and brussel sprouts in the middle in a pile. Sprinkle with gremolata and toasted pine nuts (optional).
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...