Cauliflower & Brussel SproutsKhanh Ong
- 1 head Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 6 brussell sprouts, halved
- salt to taste
- To make Lebanese Gremolata:
- 1 bunch Coriander, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 red birdseye chilli, finely chopped
- 1/4 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 medium clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3-4 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Tahini
- 1/2 cup Greek style yoghurt (or soy yoghurt for vegan version)
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/3-1/2 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- Dry toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Heat canola/vegetable/rice bran oil in a fryer to 170 degrees. Fry cauliflower and brussel sprouts in batches until golden brown. remove from oil and drain on paper towel. Set aside until needed.
- Meanwhile, to make gremolata, mix all the ingredients together. Adjust seasoning as required.
- To make tahini sauce, mix all ingredients together except the water. once well combined, add water a little at a time until desired consistency is achieved. You want a thick sauce that is smooth on the palate.
- To assemble, cauliflower and brussel sprouts, start with the sauce at the base, add the cauliflower and brussel sprouts in the middle in a pile. Sprinkle with gremolata and toasted pine nuts (optional).
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...