Cauliflower SoupMike Reid
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms
- 2 cauliflower
- 1 brown onion, diced
- ½ celery, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ bunch thyme, picked and chopped
- 2 bay leaves, fresh
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained and dried
- 100g butter, diced unsalted
- 500ml chicken stock (or veg stock)
- Greek yoghurt for dressing
- Preheat oven at 180*C.
- Prep the cauliflower into florets and then slice thinly on the mandolin for pickles and the rest place in the oven and give a nice char to for garnish.
- Place your chickpeas in the oven ensuring they are well drained with a little olive oil and season and roast until crisp. Set aside whilst you make the soup.
- Melt your butter in a nice soup pot, before adding in your rough cut cauliflower, celery, onion, garlic, and herbs. Sautee them down slowly until all are tender to touch without getting too much colour on them. Add in your tahini and give it all a good mix before adding in your stock. Bring to the simmer gently and make sure everything is cooked before pulling off the heat.
- Once slightly cooled give it a good blend with your stick blender and adjust the seasoning to taste.