Charred OctopusKhanh Ong
- 300g tenderised octopus tentacle
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika juice and zest of
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- a pinch of salt
- 1⁄4 cup of strained capers 1⁄2 cup EVOO
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of EVOO
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1⁄4 bunch of parsley leaves chopped
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika a pinch of salt
- Place all the ingredients in a ziploc bag and mix well and leave to marinate 15 minutes.
- heat a large griddle pan on medium and place the octopus on until its is nice and charred about 3-5 minutes on each side.
- set aside for slicing.
- cook the capers in the EVOO in a small saucepan on high heat until brown and puffed open.
- strain onto a plate with paper towel to soak up extra EVOO and cover with salt.
- Slice the octopus and place around a plate
- dress with EVOO, lemon juice and zest and Parsley.
- Cover with capers and then top with paprika and salt
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...