Charred OctopusKhanh Ong
- 300g tenderised octopus tentacle
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika juice and zest of
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- a pinch of salt
- 1⁄4 cup of strained capers 1⁄2 cup EVOO
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of EVOO
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1⁄4 bunch of parsley leaves chopped
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika a pinch of salt
- Place all the ingredients in a ziploc bag and mix well and leave to marinate 15 minutes.
- heat a large griddle pan on medium and place the octopus on until its is nice and charred about 3-5 minutes on each side.
- set aside for slicing.
- cook the capers in the EVOO in a small saucepan on high heat until brown and puffed open.
- strain onto a plate with paper towel to soak up extra EVOO and cover with salt.
- Slice the octopus and place around a plate
- dress with EVOO, lemon juice and zest and Parsley.
- Cover with capers and then top with paprika and salt
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...