Cheeky Avo on ToastMike Reid
- 2 Avocado, Hass ripened
- 2 Tbsp Graceburn Feta
- 2 Tbsp Mixed Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1 Tsp Red onion, diced
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli, diced
- 4 Poached Eggs
- ½ Tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ Tsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Crème fraiche
- Chive flowers to garnish
- 4 Slices of Rye bread
- Peel your avocados and deseed them. Roughly chop and place half in a mixing bowl and lightly smash with your fork
- Add your diced onion and chilli along with the smoked paprika and crème fraiche and mix together gently adding the other half of the avocado into the mix just before seasoning with some sea salt
- Place a pot big enough to poach your eggs on the stove and bring the water to the boil. Ensure your eggs are out of the fridge and they are nice and fresh as this is the key to a good poached egg. Toast your rye bread
- Whisk your water in a circular motion and crack your eggs into the center and drop the heat and poach gently for 3-4 minutes for a soft yolk poached egg
- Cut your cherry tomatoes in half, season with salt and drizzle with some of the olive oil
- Place your toast on a plate and then cover in your avocado smash mix. Place your tomatoes on top and your poached egg per plate then finish with the feta and pumpkin seeds
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Chenin Blanc.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...