Cheeky Avo on ToastMike Reid
- 2 Avocado, Hass ripened
- 2 Tbsp Graceburn Feta
- 2 Tbsp Mixed Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1 Tsp Red onion, diced
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli, diced
- 4 Poached Eggs
- ½ Tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ Tsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Crème fraiche
- Chive flowers to garnish
- 4 Slices of Rye bread
- Peel your avocados and deseed them. Roughly chop and place half in a mixing bowl and lightly smash with your fork
- Add your diced onion and chilli along with the smoked paprika and crème fraiche and mix together gently adding the other half of the avocado into the mix just before seasoning with some sea salt
- Place a pot big enough to poach your eggs on the stove and bring the water to the boil. Ensure your eggs are out of the fridge and they are nice and fresh as this is the key to a good poached egg. Toast your rye bread
- Whisk your water in a circular motion and crack your eggs into the center and drop the heat and poach gently for 3-4 minutes for a soft yolk poached egg
- Cut your cherry tomatoes in half, season with salt and drizzle with some of the olive oil
- Place your toast on a plate and then cover in your avocado smash mix. Place your tomatoes on top and your poached egg per plate then finish with the feta and pumpkin seeds
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Chenin Blanc.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...