Cheeky Avo on ToastMike Reid
- 2 Avocado, Hass ripened
- 2 Tbsp Graceburn Feta
- 2 Tbsp Mixed Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1 Tsp Red onion, diced
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli, diced
- 4 Poached Eggs
- ½ Tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ Tsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Crème fraiche
- Chive flowers to garnish
- 4 Slices of Rye bread
- Peel your avocados and deseed them. Roughly chop and place half in a mixing bowl and lightly smash with your fork
- Add your diced onion and chilli along with the smoked paprika and crème fraiche and mix together gently adding the other half of the avocado into the mix just before seasoning with some sea salt
- Place a pot big enough to poach your eggs on the stove and bring the water to the boil. Ensure your eggs are out of the fridge and they are nice and fresh as this is the key to a good poached egg. Toast your rye bread
- Whisk your water in a circular motion and crack your eggs into the center and drop the heat and poach gently for 3-4 minutes for a soft yolk poached egg
- Cut your cherry tomatoes in half, season with salt and drizzle with some of the olive oil
- Place your toast on a plate and then cover in your avocado smash mix. Place your tomatoes on top and your poached egg per plate then finish with the feta and pumpkin seeds
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Chenin Blanc.
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...