Cheeky Avo on ToastMike Reid
- 2 Avocado, Hass ripened
- 2 Tbsp Graceburn Feta
- 2 Tbsp Mixed Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1 Tsp Red onion, diced
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli, diced
- 4 Poached Eggs
- ½ Tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ Tsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Crème fraiche
- Chive flowers to garnish
- 4 Slices of Rye bread
- Peel your avocados and deseed them. Roughly chop and place half in a mixing bowl and lightly smash with your fork
- Add your diced onion and chilli along with the smoked paprika and crème fraiche and mix together gently adding the other half of the avocado into the mix just before seasoning with some sea salt
- Place a pot big enough to poach your eggs on the stove and bring the water to the boil. Ensure your eggs are out of the fridge and they are nice and fresh as this is the key to a good poached egg. Toast your rye bread
- Whisk your water in a circular motion and crack your eggs into the center and drop the heat and poach gently for 3-4 minutes for a soft yolk poached egg
- Cut your cherry tomatoes in half, season with salt and drizzle with some of the olive oil
- Place your toast on a plate and then cover in your avocado smash mix. Place your tomatoes on top and your poached egg per plate then finish with the feta and pumpkin seeds
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Chenin Blanc.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...